Echo 310 or Larger Trimmer Users

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by DieselDeere, Oct 20, 2003.

1. DieselDeere

DieselDeere LawnSite Senior Member
    from Midwest

Has anyone used the Echo SRM 310 or larger trimmers? What do you think, any problems? What type of material do you usually use them for?

2. mike9497

mike9497 LawnSite Senior Member

echo trimmers are not what they use to be.i would go with a shin or a redmax trimmer

3. lawnagent

lawnagent LawnSite Senior Member

It has been said over and over again that ALL manafactureres had to get used to the new EPA standards and ECHO has had to adapt. People just refuse to listen and prefer to bash Echo. :angry: :angry:

4. proenterprises

proenterprises LawnSite Silver Member

i will swear by echo....trimmers and blowers.

my dads company has an older echo 310 at the shop, we actually use it for weekly mowings. it dosent have the u handle, but we have used blades on it before. its got way more power than you will need for everyday trimming, but its is one powerful machine once you stick it in brush;)

5. Martino

Martino LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Midwest

Well there you go.......73 raves for Echo and only 1 pan.....get the Echo.

6. superman

superman LawnSite Member

Landscape, I would say you got your point accross.

As for the echo I bought a new one this season, If I had to do over I would buy something differant. I just have lots of problems with mine starting. I don't know if they are problems but it won't start till the 5th or 6th pull. After it is warm it will start on first or second. I just want one that will start on the first pull every time. If such a thing exists.

7. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

Unless your going to be clearing a LOT of brush with a blade and such, I'd stay away from the 31cc class. They are 3lbs heavier than a 260. Power is/will never be a problem if you stick with the 25cc class trimmer.

I do however feel that a 31cc engine would be beneficial in the stick edger category. Will probably be my next edger.

8. proenterprises

proenterprises LawnSite Silver Member

yeah 30 raves lol

ill still stay with echo;)

9. Cheesedawg1

Cheesedawg1 LawnSite Senior Member
    from NJ

Damn is echo that good landscapeescape????

My echo trimmer is working better than my Deere trimmer. I paid more for the Deere. But i think my deere will last longer. But i like using the echo more.

10. mike9497

mike9497 LawnSite Senior Member

im not bashing echo.i still use many of there products.i just know longer use there trimmers.i get maybe a year out of them before i use them for parts.i went with shin trimmers and they are holding up great