1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Echo-370 Chain Saw Full Throttle Problem

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by jud149, Feb 2, 2012.

1. dutch1

dutch1 LawnSite Silver Member
    from Jayhawk

Well, Slapper, it appears my research dept is out to lunch as well.
    The link didn't pan out--"undefined", when I clicked on it. At any rate, the info is on Echo's website.
  2. jud149

jud149 LawnSite Member

My saw has the WT829. I assure you they are recessed. My concern, as mentioned, is after their removal, the needles will have nothing to hold them in place as these adjusters have no springs per the WT829 diagram. Thanks...
    Last edited: Feb 3, 2012
  3. Landrus2

Landrus2 LawnSite Platinum Member

we over look this :waving:

4. jud149

jud149 LawnSite Member

Thanks. The saw only has a couple of hours on it and I did check the spark screen and it's clean. Anything else to check??
  5. piston slapper

piston slapper LawnSite Platinum Member

Jud...I looked around the shop and could not find a single carb with springs on the adjustment screws.
    Over 100 Stihl, redmax,echo, commercial units. Most have been adjusted at some point and the caps ain't around.
    I believe the screws have an interference thread because once they are adjusted, they stay adjusted.
    Posted via Mobile Device
  6. jud149

jud149 LawnSite Member

Many thanks. I guess I'll get to work and see if I can get the limiters off. I just don't get how they get away with making crap like this.