Echo 5 year consumer warranty

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by bobslawnservice, Apr 25, 2010.

1. bobslawnservice

bobslawnservice LawnSite Member

ABBREVIATED: The Echo 5 year consumer warranty on backpack blowers seems too good to pass up, TRUE OR FALSE?????

DETAILED: Hey guys, I only maintain a few lawns in the neighborhood to help out with college tuition payments. My hand held cheap Menard's gas blower finally took a poop and now I'm in the market for something new. I learned a few years ago that the industrial equipment is well worth the investment and extra money so I will be looking at new backpack blowers tomorrow. I'm leaning towards the Stihl BR600 based on previous experience with Stihl and a kind of go big or go home attitude. Weight and noise really will not bother me. I want something that really blows and moves the heavy midwest leaves around. However, I will be going to Echo, RedMax and Shindaiwa dealers tomorrow to compare features as well as prices. My main question is this, the Echo 5 year consumer warranty seems too good to pass up, TRUE OR FALSE?????

P.S.: Feel free to chime in on your suggestions for blowers given my situation, also considering the fact that this will be my first back pack blower.

Thanks for your help fellas!!

2. Alan0354

Alan0354 LawnSite Platinum Member

Maruyama has 5 years COMMERCIAL warranty. That is big difference. I have the Maruyama BL8100 64cc bp. I love it. I don't know if it is that strong, no chance to compare. It is cheaper than the other super blowers. Spec wise, it is up there, but I put my money on blowers like SHindaiwa 79cc is going to be stronger. Can't trust the spec. Just something for you to consider.

3. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

The 5 year consumer warranty won't apply to you unless you lie about it.

4. ernieknows

ernieknows LawnSite Member

please check the specs for cfm with tubes on. you may be amazed how different they are. i bought the sthil br 600 just for that reason. it is the volume of air that moves the leaves, not the air speed.

5. Think Green

Think Green LawnSite Silver Member

Richard,
    LOL!!!
    I agree...........if you are running a shady lawn service and don't pay the tax's on your stuff, and don't need the tax write off, then tell the dealer to buy it under you wife's name.??? LOL!!
    If you need the tax business write off, all you will get is a two year warranty........limited!

6. Merkava_4

Merkava_4 LawnSite Bronze Member

Stihl BR-600
    With tube: 1210 m3/h (712 cfm)
    Without tube: 1720 m3/h (1,012 cfm)

What do they mean by "Without tube?"
    Why would you not want the tube on? :confused:

7. PLS-Tx

PLS-Tx LawnSite Silver Member
    from Texas

I had a dealer a few years ago tell me I would get a 5 year warranty if I bought Echo from him.

He said Echo would not know how it was used.

Not the kind of dealer I want to do business with.

If he will cheat Echo he would not think twice about cheating his customs.

8. ernieknows

ernieknows LawnSite Member

because the numbers look more impressive. if i want to sell you something but you do not understand HOW the numbers are generated, I can mess with your mind. Just make sure you are comparing apples to apples.

9. Alan0354

Alan0354 LawnSite Platinum Member

That is the cfm at the opening after you take off the tube, the elbow and all. It is the air volume directly from the round blower housing. It is the max you ever can get out of the blower if the tube offer absolutely no resistance.

But every elbow, every tube extension cause restriction and decrease air flow.

10. Merkava_4

Merkava_4 LawnSite Bronze Member

That's a good answer Alan - thank you sir. :)