1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Echo 650 vs Redmax 7001

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Eric 1, Aug 7, 2004.

Pick a blower

1. Echo 650

6 vote(s)
  2. Redmax 7001

18 vote(s)
  1. Eric 1

Eric 1 LawnSite Bronze Member

I need a blower,

echo 625 cfm at pipes 201 mph

redmax is listed as 742 at housing with no tube specs 204 mph.

I heard that the same company, Komat'su makes both engines.

both are good dealers, i have a redmax trimmer and like it allot, but the same dealer that sold me my Dixie sells the echo and it would seem convenient to have everything from one place.

What would you do, and why?
  2. MikeLT1Z28

MikeLT1Z28 LawnSite Bronze Member

you cant so much as go by paper numbers because there doesn't seem to be a standard for measuring them. the 2004 should be the same for the 7001 since they introduced it. the ebz8000 is however a different animal all together. demo both side by side if you can. i chose the redmax for a number of reasons.
  3. power differences are minimal ..get the one with the best dealer ...either one is a excellent choice
  4. meets1

meets1 LawnSite Gold Member

REDMAX hands down!
  5. CamLand

CamLand LawnSite Bronze Member

i've used both units and i perfer the Redmax...
  6. Fareway Lawncare

Fareway Lawncare LawnSite Silver Member
    from Canada

I've used both eXtensively & the Echo 750...not sure about 650...Blows a Bit Harder....

However neXt Blower will be a Redmax 8000 !
  7. MikeLT1Z28

MikeLT1Z28 LawnSite Bronze Member

strange fairway, when i demoed the two the 7001 seemed to be a bit stronger. tuning maybe?
  8. energy

energy LawnSite Member

i would really like to know the power difference myself. however, based on the looks, i would take an echo. i would also check the weight and the feel on my back to make that decision. which one is more comfortable by the way? lets get some real answers.
  9. BSDeality

BSDeality LawnSite Silver Member

they're both virtually the same power wise. I would go with the 750 over the 650 though, those padded straps are worth their weight in gold ($25 more). Go with what ever dealer has better support.
  10. Nick17

Nick17 LawnSite Member

This is a little off topic, but I'd wait and get the 8000. I first-hand saw one yesterday, and I wish I hadn't bought a blower. It didn't seem too heavy compared to the echo's and the power is outstanding!