Echo 750 blower rack

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by mac43rn, Apr 29, 2003.

1. mac43rn

mac43rn LawnSite Member

I am looking for a backpack blower holder for my Echo 750. I have done a search but thought I would see what everyone's opinion is after some experience. I am looking at gridiron (little pricey), jungle jim or trimmer trap.

thanks

2. nlminc

nlminc LawnSite Bronze Member
    from GA

Funny, I was thinking the same thing today. I have the holder that will take my old Sthil(which I no longer have) and my new Echo 650 will not fit. I was thinking bungies maybe, but I hate to rig stuff like that.

3. Rich's Lawn Care

Rich's Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

I have the Echo 650 and i just got the jungle jim cab caddy works real good.

4. Premo Services

Premo Services LawnSite Bronze Member

Yea, that would be a bi@#$ if the bunge cords come loose on the highway and cause an accident or hurt someone. No way I would take a chance. I need a rack for my stuff, but until I can get the gridiron system, I will have them secured in the back of my bed with the camper top on it.

5. nlminc

nlminc LawnSite Bronze Member
    from GA

I was going to bungie it inside a box truck that I use for maintenance.........Bungies something on an open trailer!?!? Don't try that at home folks!

6. mowerman90

mowerman90 LawnSite Bronze Member

I just got the Grid Iron BP holder and think it's the best thing since sliced bread. It holds my Kawasaki KRB700 safe and tight plus it's easily locked if you have a need for that feature. Maybe a few dollars more now, will save you pain and agravation down the road.

7. mac43rn

mac43rn LawnSite Member

mower man

do you have the backpack holder with the trimmer holder. Do the two go hand in hand or are they seperate items?

thanks

8. mowerman90

mowerman90 LawnSite Bronze Member

mac43m,

I've had a 4 ft Gridiron system with 2 trimmer holders for about 5 - 6 years now. I have the rack system mounted on the front of my open trailer so that I can access my trimmers from either side of the trailer. I mounted the BP holder on the backside of the drivers side post and the tube ring on the other post. If you want I'll post a picture tomorrow. The reason I didn't have the Grid Iron BP holder before was because I had a Stihl BR400 and had a homemade holder for it that worked just fine. After getting a Kawi blower I tried to adapt the Stihl holder to it and let's just say that I'm no engineer. I wish I'd of gotten the Grid Iron BP holder sooner, I really like it.

9. mac43rn

mac43rn LawnSite Member

Your description is perfect. I forgot you can fix the system so you can mount equipment on the front and the back of the posts. Looks like I will be ordering the gridiron. However, would still love to see a pic.

thanks

10. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

HERE you GO mac

res755.jpg