Echo 755 loses power when hot...

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by khutch, Jan 28, 2013.

1. khutch

khutch LawnSite Senior Member

Only idle adjustment on this Echo, which is pretty stupid. No access to H + L adjustment.

2. khutch

Don't have another Echo, only Sthil.
    How does the carb fail as it gets warm/hot?

3. BigFish

BigFish LawnSite Gold Member

Echo has a lifetime warranty on coils, same as stihl. You can't just take the coil in, ya gotta hand em the machine so they can " check it out"$$.

Did you check it for spark when it quits?? Pull the plug and use a spark checker.
    The plug will do, but its not very accurate.

4. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

Nope......it has a needle adjustment. Take the carb off and look around you will see it. There is a hole in the plastic cover so that the adj device can go straight in from the recoil side.

5. khutch

Doesn't quit, just loses 90% of power, so spark checker will still show spark?.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2013
  6. khutch

Take the carb off? If I take the carb off, how the heck can you adjust it till you put it back on?

7. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

I thought you was having trouble finding it. It may have a cap on it but I don't remember mine having a cap. It uses this D shaped adjusting tool. There are pictures in this part of forum somewhere.

8. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

Sorry for the smart answers....I got mine back in the shop and there is a hole in the plastic cover for the tool. It is just above the primer bulb. One hole directly above the primer is for a holding screw and the next one up is the one to adjust the carb. I will search around on this forum for pictures of the adjusting tool.