Echo 770 or redmax 8500

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by Dwittbecker, Oct 16, 2013.

1. Dwittbecker

Dwittbecker LawnSite Member

Looking at getting new blower I have never had any problems with my echos but redmax has more cfm. But what I have heard is that the 8500 sucks down fuel?Is the extra cfms worth the fuel sucking? Plus echo blowers are better on the back. Not Shure If I want to switch to a blower that sucks down fuel?

2. LandFakers

LandFakers LawnSite Fanatic
    from CT

They like their fuel, but the thing will blow a house down it seems. I think the 770 basically has no guts compared to redmax 7500 or 8500

3. Valk

Valk LawnSite Silver Member

The Husky versions (570=RM7500 & 580=RM8500) are equipped with a more comfortable harness according to many.

Fuel $aving$ are minuscule compared to saving time. If a particular blower saves you one hour/year...how many gallons of fuel does that buy you?

4. Landrus2

Landrus2 LawnSite Platinum Member

REdmax REdmax Redmax

5. tigerepairdotcom

tigerepairdotcom LawnSite Senior Member

I own an ebz8500 and 3 stihl br600s and I would say br600..

The br 600 and the ebz are just as fast as one another from my own experience.

Now, I'm not saying STEER CLEAR or dont choose the 8500 it's a baaaad little machine and i have very few complaints I just prefer the durability and parts availibility of the br more.

I would say don't discount the Stihl BR 600. There is a slew of reasons why you may consider the BR OVER 70% cleaner emissions than allowed by law so if you care about the environment. also its the number one selling back pack blower.

just go on ebay and try to find parts for an EBZ8500. Or a Dolmar Dolmar PB-7601. Its almost impossible. Parts for the 600 are available because there are so many out there I do like the ebz's fresh flow filters. another notable blower is the Makita bbx7600 Although when have you EVER seen one of any shelf anywhere.

Heres the deal start with 5 gallons of gas and take any blower out there and put it against the br600 you wont blow half the leaves with the same amount of gas period..

6. Realslowww

Realslowww LawnSite Bronze Member

Don't even compare a BR 600 to the top of the line Red Maxes or Huskies.

The big RED and Husky if you blow a lot will save you so much time and make way more money. After I bought these big style blowers I will never buy anything less.

7. GrassGuerilla

GrassGuerilla LawnSite Bronze Member

Lets see, how many moving parts in a br600 vs how many in any 2-stroke? Stihl reps and mechanics like br600's. Most contractors seem to prefer the simplicity of 2-strokes. Fuel savings are good and all, but give me simplicity and reliability.
    Posted via Mobile Device

Oh yeah, Tiger, that Makita is a Dolmar.

8. GrassGuerilla

GrassGuerilla LawnSite Bronze Member

Almost forgot. Redmax or Husky. 75xx or 570.

The Echo 770 just falls short. Not bad, but the others are stronger.
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. ron mexico75

ron mexico75 LawnSite Bronze Member

Just bought a 770 and should be here tomorrow afternoon. I'll let you know what I think of it. Of course if you do too much reading on here it would seem the 770 is an inferior weakling.

10. tigerepairdotcom

tigerepairdotcom LawnSite Senior Member

OAKY! but I own both the ebz8500 and the Br600 Ive been trying to sell my ebz8500 for months now for 350. As soon as I list a br 600 it sells same day.:laugh:

This forum is all about making the best possible choices. Test them all see which suits you and let us know which you picked and how you feel about it!

Last edited: Oct 17, 2013