Echo attachment

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by gandk06, Feb 20, 2008.

1. gandk06

gandk06 LawnSite Senior Member

I am thinking about getting another echo trimmer and I know that the PAS system takes many different attachments. As I have been searching for different attachments that will fit various echo trimmers I am seeing people that are selling just the heads to fit the shafts. When I look at echo's website I don't see any of these listed.

From the looks of these items (such as a tiller, long reach pruner...) you just take the trimmer head off of a trimmer such as a 210 and replace it with these items.

Is anyone out there using these add on's or are people just selling the heads off of dedicated tillers, long reach pruners...?

I know the pas system is a good one but it seems that this may be a bit cheaper. And I am looking to go used seeing these items will not be used that much.

thanks

2. Happy Frog

Happy Frog LawnSite Bronze Member

I use the new PAS-265 power heads and attachments and I am happy with them.
    It is cheaper than buying dedicated equipments and give me the option to change the power head in a snap if it fails.

3. mattfromNY

mattfromNY LawnSite Bronze Member

Probably they will keep the attachments and replace just the power head. I have an edger, power rake, extended hedge trimmer and trimmer attachments for mine. You can literally use the thing every day in one form or another and not wear out all the attachments, but put lots of hours on the power head.
    My advice if you get one, keep an extra cable (the thing in the shaft that spins to run the attachments, dont know what the technical name of it is), on hand. I've broken one, they dont cost much and are easy to change, but only break on Sunday, or holidays, when you have no tools with you and are the farthest from the shop...

4. bohiaa

bohiaa LawnSite Fanatic

I thought about this too.

what I came up with is that I would be switching the heads all day long, and wearing out the engine faster

5. gandk06

So, do you have PAS system where each attachment has half of a shaft or are you taking off the just the head and putting a different attachment on each time?

6. Happy Frog

Happy Frog LawnSite Bronze Member

The way I use mines is that I have a trimmer and an edger configuration for everyday use and I switch on the other attachments when I need them.
    I don't expect any premature wear on the PAS power heads...

7. gandk06

any other input on this set up?

8. bohiaa

bohiaa LawnSite Fanatic

I really dont see any advantage to this system,

the last time I checked the attachments were about as expensive as the entire unit

lets face it, use the same engine to do multi task......... your double wearing the engine.

put a few more dollars togather and purchase the other full unit

9. RGM

RGM LawnSite Senior Member
    Male, from Baltimore Md

I have had the old 2400 echo split boom which is now the 230 I beleave.I have had it for about 10 years I mainly use the pruner and edger but also have hedge trimming attachment. Its a great tool the 260 would be a bit better

10. The Captain

The Captain LawnSite Senior Member

I run two of the PAS-260 units. After 3 years of cemetary work, as well as my other accounts, they are just as strong as when I bought them. Each chance I get I'll add another attachment that can be shared between the two heads as needed. I really like the system.

The Captain