echo back pack blower

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by snapper, Jul 25, 2002.

1. snapper

snapper LawnSite Senior Member

Go to this site:http://www.echo-usa.com/oot/docs/pb400et1e2e_040197.pdf

Page 4 Item 6 coil,ignition
    If that is not the problem it is item three C.D. IGNITION MODULE.

But as of right now I am in no hurry to fix it. Maybe this winter I will want to fix. If you really want to to help you could try to answer some of the questions in my last post about what to replace when it starts wearing out.. Thank you Snapper

2. vipermanz

vipermanz LawnSite Bronze Member

rebuilding just the rings, cylinder, rods& seals is ok if the cylinder was operating before, if it was locked i would replace the block too, might be badly scores and scratched:)

3. vipermanz

vipermanz LawnSite Bronze Member

4. Robert Doubrava

Robert Doubrava LawnSite Senior Member

You'll need a couple of tools required to do the job of rebuilding. Valve spring compressor, cylinder hone, gasket scraper, other miscellanious tools I can't remember. I haven't done an overhaul in a while,:eek: just carburetor work and things that don't require the engine torn apart. I'm getting an old B&S from a friend of my Dad's to work on though. Good luck with yur blowers!:)

5. snapper

snapper LawnSite Senior Member

The bearing on the fan side must be shot because I can see where it is rubbing. I can get to the bearing in the motor easily. I have already had the fan case apart 2 or 3 times before I found the problem. There are bearings at both ends. Do I need to replace both, or can I get away with only replacing one? I know I will need the two gaskets for the two parts of the engine. Should I replace anything else even though it is running fine? And also how do you get the bearing out? Is it pressed in or what? Thanks for the help, snapper