Echo backpack blower

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by dmk395, Apr 2, 2001.

1. dmk395

dmk395 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Ma

I recently heard that Echo has a backpack blower with 58.2cc, has anyone used it before? I have mostly Husqvarna blowers, but none are this big.

2. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

dmk395,

They have 2 models with the 58.2cc engine. One has a hip throttle, the other has the tube mounted one.

They are also coming out with the NEW PB-650 with a 63.3cc engine! It has 5oz. more fuel capacity, about 3lbs lighter, 95 more cfm, and 15 more mph! I was told it will be released in the Spring??? Anyone heard of a more exact date? This is my next blower.

3. AllSeasonsAllReasons

AllSeasonsAllReasons LawnSite Member

Well if these blowers keep getting bigger we won't have to mow anymore! We will be busy sodding everyone from the grass being blown right off!! LOL

4. tlcgrounds

tlcgrounds LawnSite Member

I've got one. It's like a cannon!!!

5. jimsny

jimsny LawnSite Member

I bought an echo backpack blower last year and love it. Im not sure what size it is but I can dam near launch things with it. I remember the week I got it last spring. I was blowing off an owd wood deck and the force began to literally rip off the old paint. Later that week I was running around a newly planted bed when I up rooted a row of flowers. Cool

63cc's Wow!!! I wonder if you could point the nozzel at the ground, wrap your legs around it, squeeze the trigger and go for a ride?

6. landscaper3

landscaper3 LawnSite Bronze Member

We got 2 Echo PB 600s and 1 PB603 almost identical and they can blowwwwwww!

7. Mark

Mark LawnSite Senior Member

I use a PB601 58.4cc, 535cfms at the tube end. Works real well im still looking for a shindaiwa eb630 online. The new echo 650 has over 600cfms all the models with over 500 at the end are very good investments. Marks Mowing Service

8. Esby

Esby LawnSite Senior Member

Whats the prices looking like for the 58cc and 63 cc blowers? I'm in the market

9. Mark

Mark LawnSite Senior Member

Esby the 601 was 400.00 but i get a 15% discount on all purchases from my dealer i paid 340.00. Don't know what the 650 goes for. Marks Mowing Service

10. LWNMWRMN

LWNMWRMN Banned

the pb-650 will be around 5oo