Echo backpack blower

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by vball2116, Jan 15, 2005.

1. vball2116

vball2116 LawnSite Member

Hey I was wonder what kind of backpack blower to buy? I was originally going to purchase a handheld blower, but all the posts on here have changed my mind. Now onto the blowers, the Echo 403 sounds like a nice blower but I am unawake of the price now. I am 16 years old so I was wondering if that would be a good blower to purchase as my first one. Right now I do 5 lawns and would probably do leaf cleanups there also so thats why I would like to get a backpack blower. Would the PB-403 from Echo be a good investment and good first blower for me? My budget that im looking at for now is $300 but maybe I could go up another $100 if necessary. Also, would it be better to buy a blower at a dealer compared to a Home Depot? Please help me out if you get a chance.

Thanks,
    Jeff

2. chimmygew

chimmygew LawnSite Senior Member

Try ebay. you can find a lot of commercial stuff at prices to match your budget. There was a pb-650 that sold the other day for$350.00. It is regularly around $500.00 to $550.00.

3. TurfGuyTX

TurfGuyTX LawnSite Senior Member
    from DFW

There are alot of good blowers out there. Given some time, you'll get lots of suggestions here. Echo and Stihl are my favorites.

4. stumper1620

stumper1620 LawnSite Bronze Member

i have a pb-602, very nice & powerful blower, had one minor problem with the muffler disintigrated and rattled like crazy, took it to my dealer, (purchused there) commercial customers take priority, brought it in, it went straight to the bench, new muffler and i was on my way,
    great service center, great blower, i have all echo for my small equipment. :)

5. MImowerkid

MImowerkid LawnSite Member

I have got a Pb-603 That I picked up for 400 bucks Right now my dealer is running a deal on last years stock I can get the next bigger blower for 450. I would go for as big as you can afford, the extra air movement is nice in the fall and for when it is wet . Good Luck
    !

6. out4now

out4now LawnSite Bronze Member
    from AZ

Look for dual piston rings which the 403 has and the most cfm at the pipe that you can affoard. They make a pretty good unit. I'd still be inclined to go with a Red Max even though their online warranty thing is something I do not agree with but that is really for another thread. I've had better luck with Echo than Sthil in the past. Price will depend in part where you are in the US and what the dealer thinks he can get out of it. He'll get what eveer the market will bear. jmy.02

7. ince8728

ince8728 LawnSite Member

If you could, go to your dealer and ask if they have any demo redmax 7000's they want 2 sell. You won't be disappointed.

8. jcb287

jcb287 LawnSite Member

Echo PB-403 is a very nice blower,plenty of power and light.I paid $299.00 for mine :)

9. LawnMowerBoy48

LawnMowerBoy48 LawnSite Member

I have PB-603 and a PB-650 they both work awsome, great machines. I can't exactly remember how much i payed for them but I got a pretty good deal because I bought a left over 11 HP little wonder at the same time.

10. Likestomow

Likestomow LawnSite Senior Member

You've got five accounts, so I suggest that you look around at local pawn shops and buy a used Redmax blower for $150- $200. It will last you years and when your business grows, it will still be a great backup blower.