Echo bed definer

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by honeydopm, Feb 28, 2009.

1. RonAyersMotorsports

RonAyersMotorsports LawnSite Senior Member

Glad to hear how proud you are still of your new blower Genesis. Congrats on your new purchase GregH

2. genesis215

genesis215 LawnSite Senior Member

I just looked at Echo's website, and saw that the say that their shaft is a flex shaft on the BRD-280. Could this system could possibly be used on my Shindaiwa LE260 edger? It has a flex shaft (although it's curved). Would the 24.1cc engine on my edger be big enough to do it if the 25.4cc engine on your edger would be big enough to do it? Just wondering. Thanks.

3. ALC-GregH

ALC-GregH LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

The 265 has plenty of power to turn the redefiner blade. The shield is a simple bolt on, not much to the unit at all. The casting, shape and size are all but identical. Did I mention it left a clean cut edge behind? With such little investment on my part, I don't think I'll charge any of my customers to "clean up" the bed edges. The time it takes to do one home, I'd just assume do it as part of keeping their property looking nice. Two or three a season is all beds really need to keep them looking sharp.

4. ALC-GregH

from PA

That's something you'll have to decide. I'm not saying you should go out and do what I did but it seems to work perfectly fine to ME. I tried this because I felt the 265 will have enough power for what I'd need it for. Any modifying is done at the owners discretion.

5. 1wezil

1wezil LawnSite Senior Member
    from tn

6. ALC-GregH

from PA

Hey, where you going? :)

7. 1wezil

1wezil LawnSite Senior Member
    from tn

To Mow Some Grass ... :walking:

8. ALC-GregH

from PA

lol.........

9. 02DURAMAX

02DURAMAX LawnSite Gold Member

I may just buy one...or buy an edger and then just buy the parts if it saves money.

10. Hank3rd

Hank3rd LawnSite Member
    from NC

Can someone provide me with the dimesions for the mounting hole for either the edger blade or the claw? I may want to try this on my Redmax stick edger first before I buy the PAS Edger for my Echo. If all else fails, I will buy the PAS attachment.