1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Echo Bed Re-definer blade on Stihl?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by locallawncare.ca, Jan 27, 2013.

1. locallawncare.ca

locallawncare.ca LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ontario

Hello, wondering if an echo bed-redefiner blade would fit on a stihl edger? Granted the stihl has enough power to perform such a task. If anyone knows the center hole dimenesions or other variables, or if the Echo head would fit on a stihl shaft. I'm sure there are many people who are loyal to Stihl but are interested in this power head. Thanks.

2. gene gls

gene gls LawnSite Gold Member

When I used to run Stihl equ, it was designed different than any other on the market so you had to buy only Stihl parts.

3. Moose's Mowing

Moose's Mowing LawnSite Senior Member

i cut 2 old edger blades up and saved the bottom 3 inches or so. I pretty much cut the hole outta the blades. Then, I welded two piece to each end to make a triple wide blade. I staggered them to make "teeth" then balanced it best I could. It works pretty good for being free

4. woodlawnservice

woodlawnservice LawnSite Senior Member

Post pics...please
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. Deererunner

Deererunner LawnSite Senior Member
    from NJ

I have been wondering the same thing, the like the echo, or at least the thought of it but I hear a lot of complaints about the lack of power. Last time I looked Into it, I believe it will fit. The echo blade is only 100 so if it doesn't work it's not like your out a lot of money.
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. locallawncare.ca

locallawncare.ca LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ontario

Very true, if the dealer has one I'll take a look and see if it will fit, that would save alot of money, stihl makes a bed edger, but the design is completely different then the echo and doesn't seem like it would work or leave a nice edge. You can also use a sidewalk edger but it would make a vertical edge which doesnt look the greatest.

7. Deererunner

Deererunner LawnSite Senior Member
    from NJ

Stihl makes a bed edger?? Is it new for the year or are you taking about a lawn(stick) edger? Forgive me, not trying to be rude but last time I checked they didn't but I am not the most up to date with stihl equipment.

Forgive me, I just checked out their website and see what your taking about. Yeah I do not think that it would be that affective. The echo would work better IMO or even a lawn edger.