Echo Bed Redefiner

Discussion in 'Landscape Maintenance' started by wegomow, Jan 23, 2013.

1. Grzube

Grzube LawnSite Member

We bought just the attachment, connects to any echo trimmer but a 24+cc has the needed power.

2. grassmasterswilson

grassmasterswilson LawnSite Platinum Member
    from nc

Thanks guys. Wonder if anyone might take some pics. The YouTube videos look almost a little too perfect.

I could see me using this every 2-3 weeks or more on beds with the mowing crew instead of edging with the trimmer every time.
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. RLS 2010

RLS 2010 LawnSite Member

I wonder if you could use the redefiner blade on a Stihl stick edger?

4. patrick6411

patrick6411 LawnSite Member

I have one that is an attachment and I love it!! Saves so much time both making a new bed and maintaining a current bed. As long as you don’t get into rocks and stuff it will last forever. You can switch out the blade for a straight blade for doing sidewalks and driveways. It does take a moment to switch them out.
    I also have the tiller attachment. The reason I got both of these was to maintain beds for me customers. It speeds up the process of it.

5. locallawncare.ca

locallawncare.ca LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ontario

Wondering if just the blade itself would fit on a stihl edger? or even the attachment on a straight shaft? thanks.

6. patrick6411

patrick6411 LawnSite Member

Don't think it will.

7. gene gls

gene gls LawnSite Gold Member

Go easy on rocky areas. Those blades are $450.00 to replace.

8. wegomow

wegomow LawnSite Senior Member

:nono::nono::nono: I found the Blade (claw) online from a mower parts place for $100.00 and another on Ebay for $80.00

9. grassmasterswilson

grassmasterswilson LawnSite Platinum Member
    from nc

Wise sales a advertiser here has them for 75

Can't decide if I want to pull the trigger and give it a try

10. Deererunner

Deererunner LawnSite Senior Member
    from NJ

$450?! I have been quoted numerous times at $100 from my dealer and they are always the most expensive for parts. Like others have said in this thread and I just posted in another, I looked last year into putting just the blade on a stihl ( preferrablly on a fs100, I think that's the most powerful stihl edger) and the blade should fit. I believe the arbor size is the same. You would just also have to mount the for the bed edger onto the stihl. I think this spring I will be trying it out and will let everyone know about my results.

Big reason for me to running a stihl instead of the echo is I don't believe the echo has enough torque for the blade, I could be wrong though but I do know the stihls always produce more torque. If you watch the echo YouTube videos just sounds like the echo is bogging down an struggling.

Anyone who does own the echo, does it seem to lack power?
    Posted via Mobile Device