echo bed redifiner

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Schrock Lawns, Apr 18, 2013.

1. Schrock Lawns

Schrock Lawns LawnSite Senior Member

anyone used one? how do you like it does it work thinking about getting one today

2. kawakx125

kawakx125 LawnSite Bronze Member

echo makes one now too?

3. Clippers PLS

Clippers PLS LawnSite Bronze Member

I use ours all the time. The only thing I don't like about it is that if there is the slightest bit of moisture where you are edging, it will clog up. Other than that it is a great machine and leaves a good edge.

4. Reliable 1

Reliable 1 LawnSite Member

I purchased one in 2011. It does a great job in ideal conditions in "redifining" the edge. However, to echo what previous folks have stated, with moisture, it clogs and does a really crappy job. Also, in my opinion it is slightly underpowered. I'm considering trying out what Stihl has. At least with Stihl you could change out the head and place on a more powerful head like the FS 250. I'm sure with Echo, you could do the same.....but the FS 250 is a BEAST!

5. STEVENS LAWNCARE

STEVENS LAWNCARE LawnSite Member
    from KANSAS

We have the Echo bed redefiner as a PAS attachment.....works great except for very wet conditions but our full size Brown edger does a bad job in wet conditions as well....

6. grassman177

grassman177 LawnSite Fanatic

ditto, works awesome, can clog up on you, but all will some. i did it after rains and was not too pissed off using it for a couple jobs. I would however would not recommend using it when overly wet....all day long......sort of work.

7. KnK

KnK LawnSite Member

have one works great, might have to do a few passes to get the depth you want,beats shoveling , way faster

8. orangemower

orangemower LawnSite Silver Member
    from pa

Do a search on it. There's a few threads talking about it. I made one out of a stick edger head. Bought the bit and oem shield and had my own for just under $200.

9. 93Chevy

93Chevy LawnSite Fanatic

You also have to be careful because it can throw debris 20-30 feet behind you, which could cause damage if not watched closely

10. hackitdown

hackitdown LawnSite Silver Member

This is correct. I only use it while walking it backwards per the Echo instruction video. Otherwise it makes a mess. It works great for tuning up existing beds edges in dry conditions, amazing really. Cheap for what it can do. But pricey for what it is and how it is built.

Has anyone tried the new Stihl product?