echo bed redifiner

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Schrock Lawns, Apr 18, 2013.

1. 93Chevy

93Chevy LawnSite Fanatic

That's pretty much all it's good for and it does a dang good job at it. But if the edge is filled in too much or it's the slightest bit wet (especially clay), then you might as well not even get it out of the truck

2. johnnyusa

johnnyusa LawnSite Senior Member

How long does carbide edge last? is it expensive to replace?

3. Clippers PLS

Clippers PLS LawnSite Bronze Member

This is what the dealer told me as well. He told me it was better to walk backwards because it wouldn't throw as much crap around everywhere. I was a bit hesitant at first but found it to be true.

4. Schrock Lawns

Schrock Lawns LawnSite Senior Member

I ended up buying one works pretty good
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. Clippers PLS

I'm not sure how long they last. We just got ours at the beginning of this year and have used it since beginning of February and it doesn't even look like it is wearing down at all.

6. Loganslawncare11

Loganslawncare11 LawnSite Member

Does anyone know if these can be rented? I dont see the reason to buy one and use it once a season

Thanks
    Logan

7. Clippers PLS

I doubt you would be able to rent one. For us, the amount of mulch jobs we get every year, just in the spring alone, and the shear size of these jobs, made it worth it for us to purchase one. Another great benefit is what used to take us hours of painful labor with a spade shovel, now takes us maybe 20-30 minutes. Yea, its worth buying one.

8. hackitdown

hackitdown LawnSite Silver Member

I rented one, used it for the day, went back to the dealer and bought one. They applied the rental to the purchase price.