1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

echo big boy

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by BufalinoLand, Nov 2, 2001.

1. BufalinoLand

BufalinoLand LawnSite Senior Member

I run the eb 6200 right now and I would be impressed if something is better. Any one have that new echo ive heard about and how is it and how much
  2. dlandscaping

dlandscaping LawnSite Senior Member
    from mass

i dont have one but can tell u they cost $500 here and the throttle is hip mounted.
  3. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

Boy there are a least 3 threads on the PB-650, but here goes.

I like mine a lot. Flex tube is rather stiff, but seems to be loosening up (or I'm getting used to it?). I originally didn't want ANYTHING with a hip mount throttle. I just guess I was thickheaded. Well I bought it $449.99 and haven't looked back since. I don't even want to mess with switching it over to a tube mount throttle. Gives you a place to rest your left hand! I came off of a LESCO/ECHO PB-4200 which weighed 24 lbs with a 42cc engine.

The PB-650 weighs only 21 lbs. has a 63.3cc engine. In my owners manual, it states.

210 MPH Pipe end
    640 CFM Pipe end
    1200CFM Housing

It seriously BLOW's!
  4. wrtenterprises

wrtenterprises LawnSite Senior Member

I've been using the PB 650 for most of the 2001 Fall season, and it's all that and a bag of chips!! I have used them all, and this machine will roll leaf piles that all the rest can not. Prices here in Central Pa. are around $475.00, but in my humble opinion, it's worth every penny. This Echo back pack has greatly cut down on the use of a wheel blower for most of my properties. Not one complaint.....
  5. leaflawnandlimb

leaflawnandlimb LawnSite Member

I bought the first one my dealer got in ($449) and all I can say is that nothing compares, NOTHING!!!
  6. wallzwallz

wallzwallz LawnSite Senior Member

Just bought one 2 weeks ago.The blower really kicks in when pile starts building up. It was $450 here too. From reading a lot of the threads on here, Echo doesn't seem as popular with some as others. For those who don't like Echo,what made you buy something else? price,power,machine longevity? I have had nothing but great buys w/ blowers + string trimmers from them. I have never owned another brand, so I was wondering if I was missing something.