Echo blower comparison (650 v. 750)

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by sethsodsquad, Nov 10, 2004.

1. sethsodsquad

sethsodsquad LawnSite Member

What is the difference between the Echo PB-650 and Echo PB-750 series. If I am correct, all that is different is just looks and a bigger/more efficient air cleaner.

You can get a tube-mounted throttle on both, right?

Seth

2. Eric 1

Eric 1 LawnSite Bronze Member

You got it.

3. bushtrimmer

bushtrimmer LawnSite Senior Member

Here's quote from Echo's web site
    (PB-750 - same as PB-650 above except with better padded shoulder straps and a heavier duty air filter system.)
    Both hip mount and tube mount throttle available on each.

We find the shoulder straps on the 650 more than sufficient and haven't had any problem with air filters getting too dirty.

4. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

I have the models that are a little older. One is a PB6000 (had 2, but one got ripped) and the one I replaced it with is the equivalent to it, and it's the PB601. They are the models that have the poly "cage" around the motor.

5. Fareway Lawncare

Fareway Lawncare LawnSite Silver Member
    from Canada

A Little Older ?!?

The 6000 & 601 were King of the Hill '94-'96 !

6. HOMER

HOMER LawnSite Gold Member

And as I recall were pretty heavy as well.................I think that's the model I have in the barn harboring a rat or 4.

7. FrankenScagMachines

FrankenScagMachines LawnSite Platinum Member
    from IN

I have a 2004 Echo PB650T and agree, the straps are fine and i have had same style air filters on other blowers and they are sufficient as well. Less weight!

Yes the 650 and 750 (or 651/751 as they now are) are the same engine and same output, just different straps and air filter. 751 is a little more money but if you think you need the straps or air filter it's not much money difference. Here's an idea, put 750 straps on a 650. that way you don't have added weight of big filter but have even more comfort!

My new RedMax EBZ8000RH is very comfortable and same weight as my Echo 650, except all the air force in the tubes puts alot of pressure on the right hand shoulder and it hurts after a half hour or so. My workers and i agree the 8000 is a good bit stronger than the 650. With the weight bein the same on both, plus the RedMax has the waist strap so it helps the back alot there, also it comes standard with the larger air filter like on the 750 Echo. Now if there was a way to reduce the pressure on the right arm and shoulder! its just so powerful!!
    Sorry not trying to make this a RedMax post just trying to provide more opinions for you to consider.

8. Itsgottobegreen

Itsgottobegreen LawnSite Silver Member

You think the 601 is old. I still run two PB-400e. They just won't die. I think they are 9 and 13 years old. Still start on 1st or 2nd pull. If I need more power, then I get out my little wonder.

9. sethsodsquad

sethsodsquad LawnSite Member

What's a good price for an Echo 650?

10. For about the same amount of money, I would consider either a shin e630 or a redmax 7001.

Bout the same weight as the 650.

I own a echo 650 and bought one of each of the other brands.

If you put all 3 on the truck, the help and myself would take either the shin or red and the echo sits on the trailer. Why, the other 2 work better for us than the echo.

John