1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Echo Blower restart problem

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by Echoblow, Jun 21, 2008.

1. Echoblow

Echoblow LawnSite Member

Have a two year old Echo blower - PB-230LN. When I first start the blower and use for 20 minutes, works fine. Go mow the lawn which takes 30 minutes. Try to restart the blower and it will not restart. Prime it and pull cord it starts but then dies. I've replaced fuel lines and gas filter. Dumped gas and refilled. Took bubble primer off and look for clog. No luck. Help!!!!!!!!!
  2. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

I don't know if those has spark arrestor in muffler but if they do take it out. You did say you replaced the spark plug correct? Then tinker with the low carb setting ....start by going in Clock wise and try it.
  3. Echoblow

Echoblow LawnSite Member

I replaced the spark plug. Still does it. If I keep priming and turn the unit upside down I can get it running.
  4. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

Since the unit is only sitting for 30 minutes while you cut the lawn, it should not need to be primed again. Choke, hold full throttle 2-3 pulls, then to 1/2 or no choke and you should be good. I'm not sure your machine would een have an adjustable carb since its only 2 years old.
  5. 44DCNF

44DCNF LawnSite Bronze Member

Had a stihl that wouldn't run good, but would when turned upside down. I replaced the fuel pump diaphragm and all was well. Was told they get brittle with age and can't function properly, but I am not sure if that could be your problem since you say it starts fine the first time. Worth a try though - not too much work or cost to it.
  6. mountainlake

mountainlake LawnSite Member

You might be flooding it, try no priming , no choke and hold the throttle wide open after sitting 30 minutes. The needle valve could be letting a little gas by when sitting causing it to flood. Steve