Echo Blower slack start rope

Discussion in 'Homeowner Assistance Forum' started by idreos, May 11, 2005.

1. idreos

idreos LawnSite Member

I have an Echo PB 300 blower that has developed a problem with a slack starter rope. I still can start the blower but it is hard as it only has about 6 inches of wind instead of the normal yard or so. Can I remove the housing the rope is in safely and repair it without 10 parts springing out?
    Thanking you in advance for your advice
    Jim

2. Restrorob

Restrorob LawnSite Fanatic

Ok Jim I'll try to explain hopefully I won't loose you.
    Take the assembly off the blower,Turn it up where you can look down inside it,Look at the pulley the rope is wound on,There is a little half round notch on the outer edge about the size of the rope,Grab the center of the pulley and rotate it counter clock wise ONLY!!! until the notch algins with the hole in the housing where the rope is going through,Then take a pair of needle nose pliers reach between the pulley and housing and pull about 8" of rope up inside,Pull the rope into the notch and continue to rotate the pulley counter clock wise until it gets a little snug,Realgin the notch with the hole the rope is going through and pull the excess rope back out of the center and let it go easy and it will roll all the rope back in.
    It sounds hard but after a couple times you'll be able to do it in less than 10 Mins.

3. idreos

idreos LawnSite Member

Thank you Restro!

4. sheshovel

sheshovel LawnSite Fanatic

and then stop letting it snap back when you pull it.