echo blower taking awhile to get going. any help?

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by jvgkaty, Oct 23, 2012.

1. jvgkaty

jvgkaty LawnSite Member

ive had it for 3.5 months. its a 250ln. i start it up and it sounds like it wants to shut down and takes awhile to get going. is there anything i can do to get it back where it was? im new to all this so bare with me. thanks.

2. Sprinkler Buddy

Sprinkler Buddy LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Florida

Not sure if you purchased it new, is the air filter clean. Have you been priming it after you start it the first time in the mourning and flooding it? The fuel filter possibly? Spark plug?

3. dstifel

dstifel LawnSite Senior Member

Bad fuel had same problem with that same model. Drained the fuel got new gas after the first tank of new gas she is running perfect again.

4. jvgkaty

jvgkaty LawnSite Member

yes new. ill look into those things. i prime it every house i get to, not supposed to?

5. Sprinkler Buddy

Sprinkler Buddy LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Florida

No, just in the mourning, after that should start right up. Your air filter is probably full of fuel.

6. jvgkaty

jvgkaty LawnSite Member

ahhhh, thanks man.

7. BigFish

BigFish LawnSite Gold Member

You can push the primer bulb all day long, it ain't gonna hurt it! All the primer/purge bulb does is draw old fuel out of the carb. metering chamber and returns it to the tank. The vacuum created when you let up on the bulb, acts on the diaphragm, which lifts the fuel inlet needle and lets fresh fuel in.
    If your air filter is loading up with gas, or the unit is flooding, then you have a problem with the carb or the primer check valves.

8. piston slapper

piston slapper LawnSite Platinum Member

Remove the spark aresstor screen in the muffler...
    Posted via Mobile Device