1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Echo blower will not start

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by yardmom, Sep 23, 2004.

1. yardmom

yardmom LawnSite Member

I have a PB200 that I bought in Aug 2002. I had a Ryobi that I could never start (I mean NEVER) so I gave up on it and bought the ECHO because everyone told me that they were very reliable - and that was of utmost importance to me. I'm a single mom and I need stuff to work when I need to use it. Well, I've probably used it about 10 times, and now the thing won't start at all. It started easily up until now. The last couple of times that I used it, I noticed that when I gave it more gas, it wanted to cut off. I didn't know what the problem was, and being as busy as I am, never got around to looking into that. Now of course, it won't even start. I had my neighbor take a look at it (and this is a guy that can usually get anything to start) and he is at a loss as well. He thinks I got a bum unit. Am I screwed? Anyone have any idea what the problem is? If I take it to a repair shop - will they charge me more than the thing is worth? This is SO frustrating. :angry:
  2. BW4486

BW4486 LawnSite Member

I would start by checking & cleaning air filter & spark plug
  3. grass_cuttin_fool

grass_cuttin_fool LawnSite Gold Member

I would try some fresh gas/ oil mixture and a new plug maybe. If you have only used it 10 times in 2 years that gas is very old and stale and not good enuff for it to run
  4. cariboulou

cariboulou LawnSite Member

sounds like its running rich and flooding out, try removing the air filter and blowing into the carb a bit and then starting the unit with full choke only for 2 or 3 pulls until it pops. if it doesnt then check the spark plug for spark.