Echo blowers Help

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by meathead1134, Sep 10, 2004.

1. meathead1134

meathead1134 LawnSite Senior Member

I need to know the difference between the Echo 650 and 750 from people who have actually used them. I am in the market for 1 of them cause my pos hand held died please help me out.

2. Jlwnsrvce

Jlwnsrvce LawnSite Member

I am pretty sure the only difference is the bigger air filter on the 750. I just recently purchased the 750. So far so good. If you just want to replace the handheld,I have also had good luck with the stihl bg85.

3. KenH

KenH LawnSite Bronze Member
    from CT

Also heavier duty, more padded straps.

4. 25nbl

25nbl LawnSite Member

I personally would get the PB410. It may blow 10-15 less horsepower and cost a little more, but its made of all metal, not junky plastic like you will find in the 650 or 750. And also, the 410 will last you longer, the 650 won't last as long as the 410's and will not use as much gas....just my 2 cents

5. Fareway Lawncare

Fareway Lawncare LawnSite Silver Member
    from Canada

The 410 is a Toy compared to the 650/750....The Only reason there's More Plastic is Because it's a Bigger Blower & Plastic is Lighter...It will Last....Have one Going on 3 Seasons Daily Use & No Problems eXcept a broken Throttle Cable...

Bigger air Filter on 750 Will Translate to Longer Life & More Power Over the Long Haul,...Always Go Bigger !

6. simsy71

simsy71 LawnSite Member

I agree with everyone. The only difference is the padding. I love my 750.

7. Tharrell

Tharrell LawnSite Silver Member

With the 750 (I have one), you get padded straps, bigger air filter, and the option of tube throttle or left hand side handle throttle.

lawn equip to post 001.JPE

8. cmonikao

cmonikao LawnSite Member

I believe I only have 650's (havent looked) but let me say that I get more out of my fat guy cause he doesnt have to walk as much with these. I don't mean that in a bad way, he says the same thing, he's worked for me for 7 years and we joke about it all the time. But I wasn't convinced before I bought them, because I'm not quick to change, but they will blow circles around the 410. The same job will take half of the time, and I do not over exaggerate. And they are quiter and WILL NOT break in any area that the metal wouldn't.

9. meathead1134

meathead1134 LawnSite Senior Member

thanks for the info, I just bought a echo 750 shipped to my house for $424.00

10. Up North

Up North LawnSite Bronze Member
    from MN

That's great deal meathead! Good luck with it. I just have the PB603 and love it.

Buck