Echo Blowers

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by TazLandscapes, Sep 13, 2007.

1. TazLandscapes

TazLandscapes LawnSite Member

I am looking at a new backpack blower.I own a husqavarna 125bt and it doesnt blow leaves worth a damn.I Am looking at a Echo Pb-651 I seen it at my dealer today and it looks like a good strong blower and it looks like it has the same mph as a Pb755.i would like to get some opinions on this before i go and spend the money for something that isnt as good as say a redmax..

Thanks
    Mike

2. tallimeca

tallimeca LawnSite Bronze Member

the 651 series is the same as the 755 except for the air cleaner assembly and straps.

I would spend the money on the 755 because it's a much better cleaner system.

This blower compared to the redmax eb7000 series. A little cheaper normally. They say they weigh about the same but the redmax feels heavier to me.

The eb8000 is more powerfull in the redmax. It's also alot heavier and more expensive. Alot of guys that have gone to the 8000 I see are moving back to the 7's

3. QualityLawnCare4u

QualityLawnCare4u LawnSite Gold Member

I have a EB651. It works great except the carb had to be replaced not long after I got it and the handel broke right after the warranty. I don't know if I will buy anymore echo. I feel like their quality has gone down the tubes as of late.

4. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

We bought two of the units and had the same experience but once we got all the new replacement parts and new adjustable carb on these units they are rock solid. The only problem is they are too darn heavy for everyday use and the cable packaging isn't all that hot.

5. TazLandscapes

TazLandscapes LawnSite Member

I should have put this in the first post.
    I really like redmax blowers i owned one until the dealer i went to to get parts for it gave out my information and the police made me give it back to someone.
    There is two dealers near me that sell redmax the piece of **** dealer and and another dealer who wants way too much for anything.
    The reason being i wanted an Echo is because my dealer has one on his shelf and wants to get rid of it so he can start getting the 2008 models in but i wanted to get my facts straight before i go and spend $500 on something and it starts nickel and diming me every chance it has.

Thanks
    Mike

6. Albery's Lawn & Tractor

Albery's Lawn & Tractor LawnSite Bronze Member

$425 (shipping included/NO TAX) on EBAY for the 755. Great blower, isn't too heavy, and is extremely strong.

7. traman

traman LawnSite Senior Member

mines going on 3 years now no problems .on a side note as a die hard echo fan and echo oil user,(i had two cases of it )i have found all my echo stuff runs much better using pennzoil 2cycle oil or klotz racing oil

8. justanotherlawnguy

justanotherlawnguy LawnSite Bronze Member

I have a 650 going on 3 years, had to replace carb bout 6 months ago. I love it, not to heavy for everyday use and it blows away the 430 or 403 Echo that I had before it. I would buy it again in a heartbeat.

Not that it matters buy I run stihl oil through all my 2 cycle crap........

9. 02DURAMAX

02DURAMAX LawnSite Gold Member

I have never had a problem with my PB-751T and it's four years old....I will soon buy a PB-755T..

10. wahlturfcare

wahlturfcare LawnSite Senior Member
    from iowa

i have a old 650 and love it. i used to run stihls(600) and hated the low power and un reliability. I havent had any problems with the echo, except for the left sided throttle gets in the way all the time.