1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Echo blowers

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by pjslawncare/landscap, Oct 5, 2003.

1. pjslawncare/landscap

pjslawncare/landscap LawnSite Bronze Member

Anybody notice a difference in echo blowers last year or two. Mine seem to run like dog poop a lot and I beleive the carbs are to blame. Last year I bought this hand held and the first day it bogged down to half throttle. I took it back and they replaced the carb. Two weeks latter, the same thing. New spark plug, air filter, check fuel hoses for clear and checked that screen in muffler. No adjusment available on carb. Ran a little better. I always bought echo blowers, but now I have three one year old blowers that dont run as good as I like.
    What hand halds are most of you running and are you happy with them?
  2. KLComp

KLComp LawnSite Member

Try using stihl equipment. All the people I know around my area use stihl and love it. A friend just bought a set of echo equipment. He hated it and went back to echo.
  3. pjslawncare/landscap

pjslawncare/landscap LawnSite Bronze Member

He hated the Stihl and went to echo, or vice versa?
  4. mike9497

mike9497 LawnSite Senior Member

the echo blowers are not bad but there trimmers suck.shindaiwa and red max seem to be the best blowers on the market today
  5. grass_cuttin_fool

grass_cuttin_fool LawnSite Gold Member

well i know this will spark a debate, but i have a weed eater brand that i got at northern tool that is a reconditioned unit, I love it for blowing off walk and drive ways, light weight and inexspensive, its not much on leaves though but hey i only paid 49 bux for it, and if it gets stolen im not out of much, just depends on what you want to do with a hand held
  6. capescaper

capescaper LawnSite Member

stihl stihl stihl stihl stihl
  7. Jimmy348

Jimmy348 LawnSite Member

I replaced my echo stick edger and trimmer for the same reasons. Purchased a red max trimmer and stihl edger and had no problems so far. The echo blower pb650 has proved to be very reliable and worthy. (eats alot of fuel though)
  8. Tomt

Tomt LawnSite Member

I bought a PB-650 last year and after about 6 month it ran bad then didn't run at all. The shop worked on carb and said" if it does it again we will have to replace the carb. It did and they did, under warranty.
    That was 3 month ago, now after the first start of the day it does not even need to be choked, just pull and starts first or second pull.

I have a 260 trimmer, hedger and stick edger and have had no problems with any.
  9. AztlanLC

AztlanLC LawnSite Bronze Member

I think is time you get a real commercial blower.

My vote goes for redmax eb-7001 it will beat stihl by 30% and much less problems.