1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Echo bought out Shindaiwa!!!!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by DillonsLawnCare, Oct 6, 2008.

1. DillonsLawnCare

DillonsLawnCare LawnSite Bronze Member

i talked to my dealer last week only to find out that echo has boughten out shindaiwa. i almost cried..:cry:.. he said thats why theres no updated catalogs or new trimmers for '09, OR the new eb8520 blower that was supposed to come out.. its all because echo is like redesigning the shindy look. so its gunna be a totally different look on all blowers and weedeaters etc....

in my honest opinion, i really dont like echo's. they seem cheaper, cause they're from home depot. but i know some of you on here would strongly disagree with me. but then again i havent even used one, so i might be missing something. who knows...

thank god i got a T-230 when i did:drinkup:. im tempted to go and buy a T-260 that they have left over for $300.00.:weightlifter::clapping:

owell.. thought i'd share some info.:usflag::weightlifter::usflag::dancing::clapping::drinkup::waving:
  2. Turf Dawg

Turf Dawg LawnSite Gold Member

I think this happened awhile back. I think in the beginning that all the details were not worked out so they said they ""were just working together" or something like that. I believe the article was in the Turf magazine several months ago.
  3. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

At least there are more folks now who understand how I feel about my Everride Ztr,
    same thing basically, Wright mfg. took them over when they went down.

What happened?
    Way I see things, you and I, and some other Lco's now own what I call a one of a kind machine,
    I feel somewhat special but I also dread the day parts are no longer made.

Still, it's kind of cool knowing that most will never own one, and at least one of our machines is a piece of history.
    Of course I still run it :p
  4. LwnmwrMan22

LwnmwrMan22 LawnSite Platinum Member

5. CAT powered

CAT powered LawnSite Bronze Member

Hey, buddy. Just a quick tip. You might sound more professional if you used bought instead of boughten. If you have trouble spelling you might want to consider using Mozilla Firefox which has a built-in spell checker which has brightly underlined the word "boughten" in red as I typed this post signifying that it is an incorrect word or is spelled incorrectly.
  6. ElephantNest

ElephantNest LawnSite Bronze Member
    from La.

I'll take that 260 if you don't. I'll pay for shipping, of course.
  7. DillonsLawnCare

1st --My name is DILLON, not "buddy".
    2nd-- I am on a MAC, so I run Safari.
    3rd-- I did hesitate to type "boughten" down, for I thought it was wrong, but since I'm discussing an issue, i didn't think people would really have the time to give a sh!t if a spelled ... A... word incorrectly.

but hey, have a wonderful night.:waving:
  8. DillonsLawnCare

As for the T-260, he's got like 6 of them left. no one's buying them. i wanna say he's pushing 'em out the door for $315 + tax, but i could probably get a little bit of a deal.

let me know!

9. CFB

CFB LawnSite Senior Member

You are mean. Have OCD or sumthin? Grammar geeks and spell checkers... This is a forum not collidge.
  10. CAT powered

CAT powered LawnSite Bronze Member

No I'm not trying to be an arse. I'm just trying to help him because I know that if I was a customer and I saw a bunch of stuff like that on an invoice I'd question his level of professionalism.

Really I'm not trying to be an arse. Just trying to be helpful, but whatever.