1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

echo bp blower

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by snapper, Sep 15, 2002.

1. snapper

snapper LawnSite Senior Member

When I rev it up from idle to full throttle, it heasitates for a few seconds, then gains full speed. None of the carb adjustments I have tried helped any. So where should I start looking to correct this problem? Would running some carb cleaner through the carb help? I proably need to rebuild the carb. What do you all think? Any suggestions appreciated.. PS> it was doing this before I replaced the bearings and oil seals. I was hoping new gaskets and oil seals would solve it, but it didn't. Thanks again, snapper
  2. dynodp1

dynodp1 LawnSite Member

i'd sure go ahead and tear down the carb and check thing out, replace diaphrams ect....
    and check feul filter and fuel line have no small air leaks... and impulse line is ait tight
  3. DeeCee

DeeCee LawnSite Member

Poor throttle response from a 2 stroke usually indicates a lean running condition. If the carb is adjustable on the low side, "fatten up" the air mixture buy opening up the low side mixture screw.

If you can't get better response with a carb adjustment ot if it's non-adjustable, you might start looking for an air leak somewhere. (fuel lines, loose carb mount, etc.)