Echo Brand Users

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by GreenSuper, Apr 9, 2008.

1. GreenSuper

GreenSuper LawnSite Member

I am a golf course superintendent and have many lawns on the side, I am curious on the model to choose in the echo line. Echo is readily available for parts and service here. I am curious on the models like the new SRM 265 and 280, whats the biggest difference in the S, T model variations, i know S is for steel drive and T is torque. Is cable drive better than steel drive? What do you guys recommend?
    I appreciate the answers!!

2. yungman

yungman LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Calif.

I don't think you can go wrong with Echo. At this point I still rather get the try and true SRM261. I am very conservative, I let people try out the new products. People prefer steal shaft drive.

3. bigclawn

bigclawn LawnSite Senior Member

the SRM 261T is a High torque machine that willbasically allow you to trim as fast as you can walk! very strong--balanced well and no more problems than any other brand.

4. jaybird24

jaybird24 LawnSite Senior Member
    from midwest

I really like the look of the new echo products. I've been thinking about trying out the 265T. I used to use their stuff, but it didn't seem to last for me. These new lines seem like they really got feedback from customers on their stuff. Our dealer was telling me about classes the dealers take to keep up on this stuff and they put these machines through the ringer. I also learned that echo has a separate dept. from engineering where all warranty equipment goes so they can find out the problem and tell the engineers what needs to be done rather than, the engineers getting the chance to make excuses.

5. bohiaa

bohiaa LawnSite Fanatic

I own several echo trimmers,

the one that's on it's 8th season, the guys still fight over it,

it has a Ton more power than some of the new ones.

however if your going to run one all day get one of the home depot models there cheep and light weight......

the small ones are about 300.00 I have 3 of them,

6. Happy Frog

Happy Frog LawnSite Bronze Member

Get the SRM-280, it has a lot of power and weight the same as the 265.
    I like the flex shaft and there is a lifetime warranty on it. If you bend the shaft tube for any reason, the flex shaft will still be working while you'll have to replace the steel shaft assembly.

7. luckylawnboy

luckylawnboy LawnSite Senior Member

I bought 2 new SRM 280S's seem balanced and very nice. lots of power. I posted a bunch of pictures in another thread

8. tb8100

tb8100 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from TX

The "T" designation is the 2:1 gear reduction...well worth the $20 over the standard 265 or 280! Super torquey and will take anything you throw at it. Get the 280T!!

9. grassman177

grassman177 LawnSite Fanatic

i have yet to try these new ones as we have a bunch of new 311's from last year. they are good trimmers, but looks like the new 280t might give it a run

10. Frue

Frue LawnSite Bronze Member

I own all echo and I own the 265t and the 265 regular. The 265t is out of this world better.