Echo brands

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by dago man, Nov 14, 2006.

1. dago man

dago man LawnSite Member

I've been looking at Echo brand string trimmers, edgers, blowers, chain saws etc. to start my business with, are they really worth the extra money? I know alot of you guys in here use Echo equipment so I'd appreciate any reviews or thoughts you might have on any of their equipment from your own experience.

2. Ron's Lawncare

Ron's Lawncare LawnSite Senior Member

extra money? as compared to what? Echo is a competitively priced commercial brand.

3. Raven386

Raven386 LawnSite Silver Member
    from CT

well, it all depends on what you want to compare it to. i have 2 echo trimmers and a Stihl trimmer. i like the echo because they are lighter, but the stihl is a lot more powerful when it comes to thick stuff. just regular every-day trimming, id take the echo before the stihl. the only bad thing about my echo is that it takes a while to warm up and start, but the stihl is first pull everytime.

4. martinfan06

martinfan06 LawnSite Senior Member

Echo is about the best deal, good stuff at a good price.

5. Lynden-Jeff

Lynden-Jeff LawnSite Bronze Member

If anything echo is far cheaper compared to redmax around here and competitve with stihl.

6. Grass Kickin

Grass Kickin LawnSite Member

I have an Echo trimmer and I prefer my Stihl to it hands down, simply more efficient and powerful.

7. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

I have severall peices of echo machinery. I dont have any of there chain saws as I've heard a few bad things. For chain saws, I'm sold on Husqvarna!

8. deyoe1118

deyoe1118 LawnSite Member

I have an echo trimmer and backpack blower. Love them both...I had a toro trimmer but it was far heavier and it kept crapping out on me. My backpack works better than any other I have tried or seen being used. Just my 2 cents

9. dago man

dago man LawnSite Member

Thanks for all the help guys, I really appreciate it!

10. WALKER LANDSCAPE

WALKER LANDSCAPE LawnSite Bronze Member

I recomend Echo have four 230 trimmers and three 603 BP, and one of the
    14" chain saws. I backed over one of those 603 last week and still started afterwards. Could be a sales pitch one day for someone LOL.