echo carb problem

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by mmacsek, Mar 20, 2003.

1. mmacsek

mmacsek LawnSite Senior Member

I have an Echo PB24LN blower. It wouldn't stay running and almost seemed like it wasn't getting enough gas. I replaced the plug ,air filter, gas filter and rebuilt the carb.( Walbro ) It now idles okay but when I give it throttle it dies. I tried adjusting the carb. but didn't help. I don't know where the adjustment should be. How do I get it back in the ballpark? Following the advice on another thread , I checked the crank seals and they weren't dryrotted. Also the rebuild kit has alot of extra parts. Is this normal? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks Matt

2. Hud

Hud LawnSite Member

Did you check the vent? If the vent is bad, a vacuum will form in the tank, and the fuel won't be able to get to the carb. Give it a try. Good luck!

3. Remo Sid

Remo Sid LawnSite Member
    from USA

Take the muffler off and check for carbon buildup.

4. mmacsek

Not to sound ungrateful, but I did replace the vent and cleaned the screen. Sorry I didn't state that in the original thread. Any other ideas? Thanks again. Matt

5. ProMo

ProMo LawnSite Bronze Member

did you blow out the carb with cleaner

6. mmacsek

Promo,
    I did that when I rebuilt the carb. Thanks Matt

7. Remo Sid

Remo Sid LawnSite Member
    from USA

On the carbon buildup. Check the port opening. You will have to remove the muffler. Most times the screen will be ok, but the port will be stopped up.