echo edger

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by LeifGreen, Mar 15, 2008.

1. LeifGreen

LeifGreen LawnSite Member

when I first start my edger and pull the trigger it dies. I have to do wuick pulls a couple times until it warms up. once it warms up it runs fine, but in the beginning it wants to die.

any idea what the problem is?

2. Happy Frog

Happy Frog LawnSite Bronze Member

This is due to EPA compliance restrictions and the manual explain the proper starting procedure.
    Put the choke on and pull the cord. My trimmer starts on second or third pull. After a few second, put choke in off position and let the engine warm up for about 30 seconds before pressing the trigger. If the engine stopped before you turned the choke off, just leave the choke in the off position and pull the cord. The engine should restart right away.
    The manual states to keep the trigger fully depressed when you pull the cord but I found that my PAS-265 are starting fine without touching it.
  3. Pro-Scapes

Pro-Scapes LawnSite Platinum Member

mine was real picky like that too and so are my echo hedge trimmers. Now that my echo edger siezed up (never ran right) I am tossing it and I just bought a stihl. My stihl stuff is twice the workhorse my echo stuff ever was.

I dont use stuff like I did when we were doing alot of landscape and maint but I wish I had gotten onto the stihl wagon long ago. My last 4 equipment purchases were all Stihl.
  4. Jay19LM

Jay19LM LawnSite Member
    from Mo

Does your carburetor has an adjustable H & L? Sounds like it needs a little more juice..