Echo equipment is bad

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Bassman, Aug 7, 2012.

1. Bassman

Bassman LawnSite Senior Member

I'm giving up on their line trimmers, hedge trimmers, edgers and blowers, I run straight gasoline with no ethanol and they still crap out in a very short amount of time, hard to start and flooding out problems galore. I'll gladly spend a little more $ for Shindaiwa from now on, rant over.

2. MensingMowingPlus

MensingMowingPlus LawnSite Member

Agreed! A couple of weeks ago my fs100rx got stolen and I hadn't trimmed the property yet, didn't have time to go to the stilh dealer so i ran to Home Depot to grab one of the $199 trimmers. I figured it could be a back up once I had time to get a new 100rx. I was wrong, one property was all it took for me to return it. It wouldn't stay running/flooded brand new out of the box. It was an embarrassing piece of equipment.

3. american dream

american dream LawnSite Senior Member

May be that's the problem you are running straight gas you need to add some oil.LOL I know what you meant!

4. Kelly's Landscaping

Kelly's Landscaping LawnSite Platinum Member

Time to start your rant up again I have some bad news for you they now own Shindaiwa.

5. TriCountyLawn

TriCountyLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

Ive had some echo stuff for 5-6 years and they have been super solid. I have not used any recent (orange) stuff. There used to be a few dealers here but now its just Big R and Home Depot apparently.

One thing for sure is that there is plenty of hate on all brands. Im leery that the new stuff isn't up to snuff across the board.

6. Bassman

They don't run like Shindaiwa so what? Maybe they save all the crap parts for the Echo line.

7. JParisan

JParisan LawnSite Member

Stihl. Nuff said.

8. Dave

Dave LawnSite Senior Member
    from RI

like most manufactures , once they go to the big box they are all done, Mac and homelite were the best around years back and look where they ended up, also they use mainly junk zama carbs . and yes they own shindaiwa , what a shame

9. Bassman

The only problem I've had with Shindaiwa is replacing the clutch on occasion unlike Echo that is crap from the get go with carb problems.

10. THEGOLDPRO

THEGOLDPRO LawnSite Fanatic

Echo is busch league garbage.