Echo equipment is bad

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Bassman, Aug 7, 2012.

1. grassman177

grassman177 LawnSite Fanatic

Was talking to a guy today with a buddy who mentioned one of the problems is handhelds not running in warm to hot temps. We have only those issues and now I think it just might be ethanol. I see my state as one that doesn't list it, no wonder! I hope additives will solve that issue, cuz oddly everything runs well and long lived well except in hot weather.

2. Trophy05

Trophy05 LawnSite Member

I agree completely. We can still purchase non ethanol gas here in Florida, it costs more than regular unleaded but I think its worth it. Use it in everything from small two strokes to my boats. Haven't had a problem yet!

3. kawasaki guy

kawasaki guy LawnSite Fanatic

I get 89 octane, and add stabil to it right at the pump or when I get back to shop. it work great

4. crazyflyboy30

crazyflyboy30 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Alabama

Incorrect ! HD Will sell you yes at full price!! and put TAX!! on top of that I know I was going to but a trimmer for HD they put TAX on it ! I stop there said @!#$#$%^^$ and close the window never go to HD online never again!!

5. Patriot Services

Patriot Services LawnSite Fanatic

Ummm, you stated HD doesn't carry small stuff. They have the 265 line. That isn't small.
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. crazyflyboy30

crazyflyboy30 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Alabama

I the store is what I was referring to .I know all about Lowe's and HD online line sfuff .Go to the store and see if top of the line blowers and trimmers are there and see if they will cut you a killer deal .

7. southerntide

southerntide LawnSite Gold Member
    Male, from Alabama

This guy ran straight gas and wondered why they never ran right :terribletowel:

Echo is rock solid

89 octane + OIL MIX + Sta Bil

6+ year old srm210 still runs like new never had to do anything but filters and spark plugs