Echo equipment is bad

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Bassman, Aug 7, 2012.

1. PineyPower

PineyPower LawnSite Member

Granted, I haven't been in the business for all that long now but I will never give up my Echos. Sure my newer ones are a bear in the morning but once you shake the dust off, they run all day till they run out of gas. I picked up and older 265 and the thing will go through anything. I looked at Stihl but they just didn't feel right. For my money, the SRM 225 is the best out there, light weight, powerful, and reasonably priced, what more could ask for. And for manitence, I may be a little nuts with cleaning all my gear once a week, trimmers inclued. The one I use every day still looks band new. But yet, thats just me
  2. BPS##

BPS## LawnSite Senior Member
    from WY

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I am certain you have proof of this outrageous claim.
  3. jrs.landscaping

jrs.landscaping LawnSite Silver Member
    from Maine

All we do is change our filters, once a year. We buy our echoes from HD, except for blowers and hedge trimmers. Our string trimmers last two years, but I wish they had an hour meter on them. Some days they will run for 8-10 hours only stopping when we do. We have a Stihl and Husky as well, we like them, never tried redmax or Shindaiwa. In my opinion if I can get 2 years out of a $200 trimmer with no real maintenance, trimming 20 hours per week..... Pretty sure I got my moneys worth.
  4. rob7233

rob7233 LawnSite Senior Member

The "Old School" Shindaiwa stuff was the very best...

5. ringahding

ringahding LawnSite Senior Member

I think a lot of people miss the old style(no-emission) carbs., I know I do!

Plus the newer handhelds require at least 89 OCT.....I run only 91....NO PROBLEMS...all SRM 225 & PB 500 T....str8 from the HOME DEPOT...

You must stay on top of the filters/plugs and actually change them for success..otherwise I guarantee you the engine will fail..not just the carb...the engine..
  6. wildstarblazer

wildstarblazer LawnSite Senior Member

Toro owns exmark but the machines seem to still be the same as they were before. So maybe the shindaiwa will stay the same as well.
  7. justanotherlawnguy

justanotherlawnguy LawnSite Bronze Member

There's a cheapness to the build quality of newer shidy stuff. I have a pair of shindaiwa articulating hedge clippers that are about 7-8 years old and a brand new trimmer and the build quality is night and day difference. The new one is cheap!

It's hit or miss no matter what brand you buy!
    Posted via Mobile Device
  8. 2stroked

2stroked LawnSite Senior Member

No it wasn't!? Where did you get this from? Husqvarna owns redmax, not echo.
  9. justanotherlawnguy

justanotherlawnguy LawnSite Bronze Member

Echo has always had orange in their logo and stuff, just like Stihl and husky.
    In case you never noticed pretty much all lawn equipment is red or orange!!
    Posted via Mobile Device
  10. wildstarblazer

wildstarblazer LawnSite Senior Member

Except GREEN MACHINE, anybody remember them?