Echo equipment is bad

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Bassman, Aug 7, 2012.

1. Jimslawncareservice

Jimslawncareservice LawnSite Platinum Member
    from mn

Deere, hustler, grasshopper, Dixon ,wright and walker just to name a few. I think its because toro and husky are well know names and colors, so others tried to copy that
    Posted via Mobile Device
  2. wildstarblazer

wildstarblazer LawnSite Senior Member

I think he was referring to hand held equipment.
  3. Outlawn

Outlawn LawnSite Senior Member

I've had way better luck with Echo than Stihl. Just my view.
    Posted via Mobile Device
  4. Outlawn

Outlawn LawnSite Senior Member

Just bought an Echo CS-400 and I love it. I will say that I'm buying Shindy from now on though. Not that I don't like echo.
    Posted via Mobile Device
  5. Chilehead

Chilehead LawnSite Bronze Member
    Male, from Stockbridge, GA

I use Echo equipment, and have never had any problems. Then again, I routinely maintain them.....weekly. My SRM-230 trimmer is 5 seasons old and my blower is 3 seasons old. Take good care of your tools and they'll last a long time.
  6. M & MD Lawn

M & MD Lawn LawnSite Senior Member

Im starting to feel the same way, I started out with Echo back and it was great, now last year I bought two 266's and one of them are running like a piece of **** when I start it. The other is ok, it has the edgit on it. I think next year when I purchase another I am going Stihl. If the trimmer is as good as my br600 then I will switch.
  7. grassman177

grassman177 LawnSite Fanatic

Still gave original green machine hedgers, solid
    Posted via Mobile Device
  8. Davido

Davido LawnSite Member

I've had better luck with Echo than with Stihl - and I was a Stihl die-hard. I run my tools till they die as I work constantly (all day landscaping and I have a nearly full-time night job) and don't have a chance to do a lot of maintenance. Also, my trailer is open to the elements and the las vegas sun eats everything. When I go to an enclosed trailer I will be buying all Shindaiwa... I just like them.
  9. Keith

Keith LawnSite Gold Member

Had one back in the 80s.

As for Echo, you either love them or hate them. I must have had 5 SRM2400 and about that many PE2400 edgers. I wasn't until I bought a Shindaiwa T230 that I found out how bad the Echo was ;) I don't think I ever scraped an exhaust port on a Shindaiwa. I swore I would never buy another one, but have purchased a couple of the SHC 225s hedge trimmers. Also, old school Echos back in the 80's were orange. They went to gray sometime about 1990 +/- a year or two.
  10. lawnboy dan

lawnboy dan LawnSite Gold Member

bad experience with both echo and sthil. its shindy and husky now