Echo equipment is bad

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Bassman, Aug 7, 2012.

1. realdeal

realdeal LawnSite Member

I purchased a SRM 230 i believe about 7 years ago and it has never had anything done to it except changing the head out. Ive never had the carb worked on period. I have 0 complaints with mine. Prime it 5 times, pull choke up, squeeze trigger, pull once, choke down, squeeze trigger and off she goes.

2. Chilehead

Chilehead LawnSite Bronze Member
    Male, from Stockbridge, GA

Amen, and ditto!:drinkup:

3. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

The crew chief sent me a text message that he was coming in with a broken trimmer and could I look at it. Now this unit has been in service for at least 7 years and yes I have worked on it several times. But the point is they like this model and they ran great. Oh I had the unit repaired in about 1 hour. They had dropped it and cracked a plug then tore up rope trying to start it. Oh by the way the new orange ones are even better. The only problem is the thief like them better.

006.jpg

4. Patriot Services

Patriot Services LawnSite Fanatic

And the gold medal for ugliest yet still functioning trimmer goes to .......................ED!
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. BPS##

BPS## LawnSite Senior Member
    from WY

I have a 1998 redmax bc2600 not far behind.

6. kawasaki guy

kawasaki guy LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from S. New Jersey

They did not harm shindaiwa products with their designs yet!!!:):)

7. frotis

frotis LawnSite Senior Member

I have had good luck with the Echo HC-150 hedge trimmers.

8. ron mexico75

ron mexico75 LawnSite Bronze Member

I will "3rd" that.

9. AEWhittle

AEWhittle LawnSite Member

In comparison to the majority of others on this thread, I am very new to the business. However, yesterday, I bought a brand new 225 from HD. I feel like I hit an invisible switch called, "insta-flood." I literally wasted an hour d***ing with it, at a client's house. It was, needless to say, embarrassing. However, my back up, a POS (supposedly) homeowner, curved shaft, $99.00, multi-head toro that my wife had before we got married, as usual, started right up and finished the out the day. I am 6'3" and despite my back pain because the Toro is tiny, I was saved by the supposed POS homeowner, hooky line trimmer.

Honestly, I understand that the Echo flooding may have been a result of user error, but I really don't know. I've used small engine tools my entire life; I have never had this kind of flooding issues. I really don't know what to think about the brand. Again, I have not owned them for "years" as many others have, but I can say that my first impression was: Not impressed.

10. Patriot Services

Patriot Services LawnSite Fanatic

That sounds like a lemon. Again its a chance you take buying from a big box store. Had it been a dealer the mechanic would have fueled, started and tuned the unit before it even left the shop.
    Posted via Mobile Device