Echo equipment is bad

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Bassman, Aug 7, 2012.

1. ron mexico75

ron mexico75 LawnSite Bronze Member

Could you elaborate on how exactly it flooded? What were you doing when this happened? What were you doing before it happened?

I mean, if the manual says move switch to start, pump primer bulb 5 times, set choke, SET UNIT FLAT, hold trigger in and pull start cord, move choke to run, hold trigger and pull cord (all while keeping unit flat) how does it flood?

**Also, why do people on here keep comparing their experience with Home Depot Echo's to Echos in general such as ones from a shop used for commercial use?

2. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

Do you know what to do if you think any piece of equipment is flooded? What would you do on your mower if gas leaked past the carb and flooded the cyclinder? Just in case they didn't put this in the manual yuo remove the plug and pull it over a few time. Or normally you can turn the echo to off and pull the rope a few times then back to on. Never ever ever ever push that primer on an echo.

3. frotis

frotis LawnSite Senior Member

I see this as a non-issue, once you know how the machine operates you won't have this problem again. Seems like you flooded it and now you know not to do it in the future.

4. BPS##

BPS## LawnSite Senior Member
    from WY

Exactly. Which is why husky, echo, and stihl commercial line equipment isn't sold at places like HD, Lowes, Murdochs etc. Only the low end home owner stuff.

5. BPS##

BPS## LawnSite Senior Member
    from WY

I do not expect an answer.

6. leon2245

leon2245 LawnSite Member

I am extremely angry, because I know too much about trimmers.

7. fredmullegun

fredmullegun LawnSite Senior Member

No, not too much. We still have a long way to go.

[​IMG]

8. AEWhittle

AEWhittle LawnSite Member

A lot of guys I know around here have been in biz a long, long time (as in generations) and always use the echo trimmers from HD. They are more cheap, and I think they have the adequate knowledge to make any necessary adjustments/repairs. Aaaaaanyways...

So yesterday was day 3 of my HD echo 225. Basically, I don't follow the directions with my cold start. choke position pump bulb 3-4 times and give it one pull, move to run and BAM! starts right up. I even did it again late last night. I just needed to get to know my equip a little bit better. If that's what she likes, then that's what she gets.

9. ron mexico75

ron mexico75 LawnSite Bronze Member

Well thats good to hear. Directions are your friend! It can mean the difference between going around your a** to get to your elbow or simply reaching under you arm to scratch your elbow. :laugh:

10. leon2245

leon2245 LawnSite Member

Here at lawnsite, we don't talk about echos from Home Depot.

UNACCEPTABLE!

:mad: