1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Echo equipment is bad

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Bassman, Aug 7, 2012.

1. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

So you think the home depot model is a special low bidder device? I don't really think so exactly same as unit bought from dealer? Am I wrong?
  2. leon2245

leon2245 LawnSite Member

I don't think you are wrong. The only differences have to do with setup, service, & warranty etc.

you just need to understand the first rule of lawnsite.
    Last edited: Aug 16, 2012
  3. Kartanimal29

Kartanimal29 LawnSite Member
    from Ct.

I run all Echo and have never had a problem, well the air/fuel needed adjustment once in my 770.
  4. AEWhittle

AEWhittle LawnSite Member

That's the thing! WHen I followed the directions, I kept flooding it. When I just treat it like a "semi-warm" start, even when it's cold, it starts right up. I suppose it comes down to just knowing your equipment.

By the way, I love my HOME DEPOT echo 225. :cool2:
  5. ron mexico75

ron mexico75 LawnSite Bronze Member

Hmmm, that's odd. So when you pushed the primer bulb 5 times like the book said, that's what flooded it?

Glad you got it figured out. I know how frustrating that can be with a new piece of equipment, at a customers house, and the clock is ticking to get the work done.
  6. justanotherlawnguy

justanotherlawnguy LawnSite Bronze Member

Just support your local dealer!! Is saving $20 really that big of a deal?
    It's nice to walk into the dealer sometimes with minor issues and they just tweak it for you right there. If im not mistaken, home depot doesn't actually have a tech on site, they have a guy that comes in once or twice a week and does all the service.
    Posted via Mobile Device
  7. Patriot Services

Patriot Services LawnSite Fanatic

Case in point. Yesterday a recoil shizzed the bed. Stopped by the dealer to get a replacement. In stock and out the door in 5 minutes. Try getting anything besides an air filter at HD. Plus you get to oogle all the new stuff to buy.
    Posted via Mobile Device
  8. Bagit

Bagit LawnSite Member

If I have to buy any new two-cycle equipment it will be a Redmax....
  9. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

Do they have any outlets? I never see them around our area?
  10. Jimslawncareservice

Jimslawncareservice LawnSite Platinum Member
    from mn

We had a red max dealer local. I went to buy one, only to find out they dropped the line. Consumers never heard of it, and bought echos instead. It's only know in the commercial world. And I'm sure there's a lot of them that haven't heard of them either.
    Posted via Mobile Device