Echo ES-210

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by Allen's LS, Jan 12, 2006.

1. Allen's LS

Allen's LS LawnSite Member

Need Help. I just tore down and put back together an Echo ES-210 SHRED "N" VAC. The problem I am having is. It starts fine when its cold, but when it warms up it dies. Any help would be appreciated. :confused:

2. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

Change spark plug first then run it until it cuts off and check for spark. If You have a volt meter you can check the coil resistance cold and compare to hot condition when it cuts out.

3. Allen's LS

Yee Haw... I didn't change the spark plug but cleaned it really good and used a little sand paper. Emptied out all of the gas and put fresh gas in. That seemed to do the trick. Thanks for the help and advice. :drinkup:

4. Allen's LS

OK, I take it back its not fixed. It was running. for a couple of days, now its not again. It is getting spark, but it appears it is dumping a lot of fuel into the cylinder. I pull the spark plug and it is saturated with fuel and sometimes if I keep pulling it will dump fuel out of the exhaust. I am totaly lost now?? :confused:

5. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping LawnSite Gold Member

I hope mine doesnt start doing this, i did find this year mine seemed to be tempermental about the perfect gas mix.

6. Allen's LS

Anyone? Anyone? Bueller, Bueller....

7. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

How old is this unit? If it is not new then you should put a new carb kit in it. Have you taken the spark arrestor out and are the exhaust ports clean? Any more info on start or run information?

8. Allen's LS

I have stripped it down to parade rest. I have cleaned and checked out everything. When it gets into the carorator. I don't have a clue?? :confused:

9. Allen's LS

:confused: How hard is it to rebuild the carburator? I talked to a guy and he said I may have a stuck pin or something??? :confused:

10. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

Very easy to rebuild the echo. The only thing you must watch carefully is were each parts goes. Take it apart slowly and mark everything.