Echo ES2100 handheld blower

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by RedWolf, Jan 1, 2007.

1. RedWolf

RedWolf Banned

Hey guys I have a echo ES2100 blower and need a carb for it. I have the numbers here that might help SEH024ub24rd. I need a carb and maybe a kill switch. Thanks for any help you can give me.

2. dutch1

dutch1 LawnSite Silver Member
    from Jayhawk

Red Wolf,
    Go to www.echo-usa.com and get up the main page. On the right side of the page click on parts lookup. When you get to the point where you can enter a model, enter as es-2100. There should be two types, 1 and 1E. The type number you can find on a silver tag on the engine block. As I recall both types use a ZAMA CIU-K43 carb. The required rebuild kit is RB-59 and I would certainly rebuild it unless you don't feel comfortable doing so or the carb is damaged or broken. Now, if you have to take it to the shop to get it rebuilt, that another story. Most of the shops in our area will charge a minimum of $50 +parts to rebuild. In that case it may be advisable to just buy a new carb.

Regarding the kill switch, before you replace it, make sure the safety switch in the cover(where the pickup tube attaches) is operable. Check it for continuity when the switch is closed with a volt ohmeter. I have replaced a number of these switches that were damaged or the actuating lever was bent so that it would not activate the switch. I would not do this for a customer, but I rehabbed a junkout from the shop for home use by pulling the safety switch and soldering the two leads together that come to the switch. I would definitely do this if you use it only as a blower.

Hope this helps.

Dutch

3. RedWolf

RedWolf Banned

Thank for the help. I can and have rebuilt many a echo carbs but this carb is so bad its not worth rebuilding. And i do use it from time to time to clean up mulch beds but its used mainly as a blower so i will check that out. Again Thanks so much for the help.