1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

ECHO GT200R Engine Problems

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by jmbx3, May 28, 2008.

1. jmbx3

jmbx3 LawnSite Member

I have an ECHO GT200R WeedWacker that stops running once I tilt it upright. It starts fine and idles ok. I have replaced the spark plug air filter and fuel filter. What could be causing this?
  2. jmontes

jmontes LawnSite Member

My echo trimmer runs, but it will not rev up very high adn bogs down when I am holding it in the standard upright position.

If I turn it over and hold it in an edger type position it revs up nice and has lots of power.

I was going to try replacing the fuel in the trimmer tank, as it has been sitting up for 2-3 months and then check and clean the spark plug. I had put a new spark plug in the unit in March.
  3. dalel20

dalel20 LawnSite Member

Make sure your fuel line in the tank isn't cracked and drawing air when fuel is sloshed back. if not this must be the diaphragm in the carb. That's the whole reason for a pressure carb is to run in any position. Hope this helps.