Echo handheld blower PB-250 vs. 255....?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Exact Rototilling, Jun 4, 2010.

1. Exact Rototilling

Exact Rototilling LawnSite Fanatic

2. All_Toro_4ME

All_Toro_4ME LawnSite Bronze Member

I have the 255. It is pretty dang quiet. Only 65dB even at full throttle. Has plenty of power for small jobs, 160mph.

3. Exact Rototilling

Good to know...I think I'll go that route then. Less racket is always better.

I had been entertaining thought of getting the highest performance handheld blower .... but then again sometime less is more....I have my Echo 755 back pack if I need more performance.

What did you pay for yours?

Last edited: Jun 4, 2010
  4. All_Toro_4ME

All_Toro_4ME LawnSite Bronze Member

Yea, I have the 755 as well, but dont always need all that power. The 255 works great to blow the garage out and other quick misc jobs. Mine was $199 +tax.

5. Alan0354

Alan0354 LawnSite Platinum Member

I have been seeing 25cc Echo for $149 to $169!!!! Don't know the exact model but all of them are the same power. I would also look at the Husky 125. 28cc, should be more powerful than the Echo and only $149. I have a suspicion this is the same as the new Redmax hand held that is 28cc.

:waving:

6. morgaj1

morgaj1 LawnSite Senior Member

I have a Echo 251 blower that is great: easy starting, quiet, got it cheap on Ebay.

7. Exact Rototilling

Considering getting the Stihl BG 86...friend of mine has the BG 85 and I was favorably impressed with it being quiet and seemed to move considerably more air than my Echo PB-200

Rather own a beefy hand held.... over a week sister back pack.

8. Alan0354

Alan0354 LawnSite Platinum Member

If you want to pay over $200, consider Shindaiwa EB3410 34cc 1.4hp C4 blower. Should be the strongest out there. I have one for almost 3 years but I don't have a lot of hours on it. I like it. Easy to start and NO warmup needed. The only other one that is supposed to be very strong is the Maruyama BL3100 or BL3200 30cc 1.7hp engine.

9. Just Mow

Just Mow LawnSite Senior Member
    from Texas

Stihl BG86, talk about power and ease of start. Great buy.

10. Exact Rototilling

Re: Shindaiwa EB3410 34cc 1.4hp C4 blower.

Wil look into it. I belive wisesales did stock this and had it featured as the biggest badest handheld on the market but that page is gone and their web site no longer shows it...:confused: