Echo Handhelds

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by dwmason, Sep 27, 2010.

1. dwmason

dwmason LawnSite Member

Looking at switching to Echo equipment, trimmer, edger, blower etc. There is a good dealer in town so I will not have issues with the service. What are my pros and cons of Echo

2. MarcSmith

MarcSmith LawnSite Fanatic

w run echo trimmers....srm265 blowers...pb770, and gas shears...

run fine...can handle worker abuse...

3. Alan0354

Alan0354 LawnSite Platinum Member

You can't go wrong.

4. lawnboy dan

lawnboy dan LawnSite Gold Member

the only pro is that you have a dealer-you will need him-often

5. rain man

rain man LawnSite Silver Member

I am going to start using a schythe.

6. Columbia Care

Columbia Care LawnSite Member

I like my Echos. Reliable and easy to work on. My plugs foul out frequently and air filters clog easily. I would recommend keeping extra air filters and spark plugs on your truck.

7. LCPullman

LCPullman LawnSite Senior Member

Echo makes excellent equipment. I've gone away from it mainly because they started making their machines heavier. But I would definitely recommend them.

8. Quix

Quix LawnSite Member

I have a 210 and 230 trimmer, 2 pb 251's, have ordered a 770 blower. I would have nutting else. Dealer support is good I think, tho they haven't needed any work in the 3 years I've had them.

9. Alan0354

Alan0354 LawnSite Platinum Member

I never understand why people keep saying Echo are cheap stuffs!!! I am not a fan of Echo, I have the HC151 el cheapo hedge trimmer. It has been the most reliable piece so far. But as I said, I am not a fan and I have no intention buying any Echo........That's just me. I am partial towards Maruyama and Husqvarna, not saying they are better, just me.

But spending years reading every posts about hand held here, Echo seem to have the least problems and they seem to get it right from the get go. I never heard of any new Echo products turning out to be a bomb, they get it right the first time. I don't think you can say that about most of the other brands.

10. DAR57

DAR57 LawnSite Member
    from NW Ohio

4 Echo weedeaters, 2 handheld blowers, 1 edger, 1 hedgetrimmer and the biggest backpack blower they made 3 years ago. 3 years ago was the newest piece I bought. Have taken 1 weedeater back for carb adjustments and 1 handheld blower for the same work. Greased all shafts annually. ALL ARE ON ORIGINAL PLUGS except 1 blower. Use the echo premeasured oil and BE EXACT WITH THE FUEL!!!!!!