Echo HC-150

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by TPS, Mar 23, 2008.

1. TPS

TPS LawnSite Senior Member
    from NJ

I was curious if the Echo HC-150 at Home Depot was the same as the HC-150at my local dealer. Reason I ask is I have a few Home Depot gift cards to use, but I dont want to end up with a low quality trimmer. I know other tools such as Dewalt are not the same in Lowes and Home Depot as they are at Grainger and other stores. Thanks for any help.

2. yungman

yungman LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Calif.

Far as I know, Echo have only 2 model of HC150, the one with easy start and the one without. I have one from HD and I don't particular like it. It is ok, I won't buy it again!!!

3. freshprince94

freshprince94 LawnSite Bronze Member

echo products at home depot are the same as the dealer units. home depot just dosen't have the selection a dealer has.

the hc-150 seems to be one of the most common hedge trimmers that LS members have. it is a good unit but i would rather get an articulating.

4. freshprince94

freshprince94 LawnSite Bronze Member

do you have the CARB model

5. RGM

RGM LawnSite Senior Member
    Male, from Baltimore Md

I work at depot the trimmers are the same and dealers do have more variety and better units for commercial use I use the 1500 bought about 7 years ago same as the 150 been good to me just keep it clean change the air and gas filters ang plug every year keep the bar clean and lubed and its a great tool. dewalt tools are the same anywere you buy them from depot, dewalt dealer, or grainger diferent palces might stock more but you can order any dewalt tool made at the pro desk at depot

6. yungman

from Calif.

Yes, it is a HC151 CARB. But my problem is not the engine, the engine is strong, I finally learn how to start it and start with 6 pull.

My problem is the cutting. It never work that well from day one. I always think that I was not good at it until I saw another pro using an extended hedge clipper cut through scrubs like butter!!!!. I check, open the gear box to check the timing of the blades, check and adjust the spacing of the blade, clean and all. It works ok, don't cut too well. I won't buy another one. I am not going to look at it too hard anymore, I use this as an excuse to my wife to buy a new one.

7. TPS

from NJ

Thanks for all the help. Dewalt tools are not the same at the box stores as they are at other stores. Box store tools have a lot of plastic internals to make them cheaper. A good hardware store sells a heavier version with metal internals. Thanks again. Ill probly buy the Home Depot ones this time and hope they work out.

8. yungman

from Calif.

I don't think Home depot sell inferior quality of the same model. I think they just sell the lower end model. They are not cheaper far as I can tell, they just sell lower models.

9. TPS

from NJ

Thats ok, Im not planning on doing a lot of trimming, but I do need a set for this weekend. I was either going to get these or the ones that go on the Echo PAS system. I guess they are about the same.

10. RGM

RGM LawnSite Senior Member
    Male, from Baltimore Md

Not sure were you get your info but depot sell the same tool that the dewalt store sells and has a large selection of combo kits for a great price. Sometimes you have to order the tool you need because it might not be available by itself but thats the case in at the dewalt store sometimes also you can order any tool thru the pro desk. As far as commercial lawn equip yea they don't have alot but the echo is the same that the dealer sells the dealer just has more avail.