1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

echo HC 150

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by chefdrp, Jul 16, 2003.

1. chefdrp

chefdrp LawnSite Bronze Member

How good is an echo HC 150 gas hedge trimmer. I am looking into getting it?
  2. Grass Master

Grass Master LawnSite Senior Member

The Echo HC-150 is an excellent hedge clipper! Very lightweight and commercial duty. I have used the HC-1500/150's for a long time with great success!

If you do a ton of hedges buy the HCR-150 with the rotating handle....makes life a lot easier and it is only $50 more!

PS. Buy your hedge clipper from a local dealer and you will have better parts and service support in the long run!
  3. chefdrp

Grass master. I am getting it from Home depot.
  4. EJK2352

EJK2352 LawnSite Bronze Member

Somebody stole my Redmax hedge trimmers last fall. I looked at the new Redmax's w/ anti vibration handles and thought they were a little too heavy and a little too pricey. I ended up buying the Echo HC150's. They are every bit as good as the Redmax that they replaced and the handle set up is more comfortable. I give them a big 2 thumb's up!!! The best part is the price $299 !!!! Thats $125 less than the Redmax
  5. chefdrp

I saw it for 249.00
  6. o-so-n-so

o-so-n-so LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Alabama

I bought the HCR-1500 for 269.95.
    Its good equipment for general trimming. Power to weight ratio is very good.
  7. Grass Master

Grass Master LawnSite Senior Member

You should buy the HC-150 from a local servicing dealer! You will pay the same price $249 for the non rotating handle and have the parts and service support that you need.

Same price, better service = no brainer!!...stay away from the box stores whenit comes to equipment!
  8. valley boy

valley boy LawnSite Member

9. EagleLandscape

EagleLandscape LawnSite Platinum Member
    Male, from Garland, Texas

i get it for 215... dont know where you all are shopping:) Yes i used the hc150 for about 30 mins, its a great tool.
  10. chuckers

chuckers LawnSite Senior Member

i wana know were you shopping