Echo Hc-1500

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by grassyfras, May 30, 2001.

1. grassyfras

grassyfras LawnSite Bronze Member

IS the ECHO HC-1500 a good hedge trimmer. Im thinking about buying it it seems like it can cut thicker then some of the stihls jsut a few doallars more then teh stihl any info is apreciated:cool:
  2. George777

George777 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Alabama

My partner and I have one and it works just fine. Try doing a search and I'm sure you will find a lot of info.
  3. Premo Services

Premo Services LawnSite Bronze Member

I have the sthil hs85 with the handle that turns around, and it will cut some seriously thick growth. I don`t know about the echos, but if you get one be careful because you might be cutting something you don`t want to cut.:D In my opinion with your customer base, you might want to get the weedeater brand and use it until you start getting more customers and get practice at using a gas powered trimmer,then buy a commerecial unit.
  4. TJLC

TJLC LawnSite Bronze Member

I own an Echo hc-1500. It seems to work fine for my usage. I think I paid about $250.00-275.00 for it. It's only about 4 mths. old so time will tell, I guess.
  5. jason2

jason2 LawnSite Member

I own a HC-1500, and for how little I use it, it works fine. Used it today to clean up some Thuja's. They are pretty reasonably priced, I believe I paid around $250 for mine last year.
  6. EarthTech Landscapes

EarthTech Landscapes LawnSite Member

i have 4 HC 1500's mine have the roating handles, might be model HCR 1500, anyways it is the same unit as the 1500 but with a roating handle like the stihl. These echos have held up great also have a few Redmax'x and Stihl. My crews perfer the echos better.
  7. jasonp

jasonp LawnSite Member
    from Alabama

Mine works good for me. Try looking on ebay or doing a search on ebay for echo hedge trimmer. Got mine for like 160.00 but I watched the auctions for a while seems like most of them went for around 190. to 225.