Echo Hedge trimmers?

Discussion in 'Turf Renovation' started by HighGrass, Jun 8, 2006.

1. HighGrass

HighGrass LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Z5 MA

I am thinking about getting my first gas powered hedgetrimmer. I don't do alot of shrubs...until lately, but up to this point, it's been by hand. I'm thinking of the Echo HC-150 for my first purchase. Anyone have any input?
    [​IMG]

2. AviatorTOm

AviatorTOm LawnSite Member

I have an 150 echo and it is an excellent trimmer that will power through tough jobs quickly .

Someone else might have other styles they like better but I have been very happy with mine...

Note: some models were recalled(including mine) which only needed fuel line replacement as the oem line was not durable....

3. Diablo

Diablo LawnSite Member

I used those hedge trimmers for a couple of years with no problems. There may be better stuff out there but you won't go wrong with that decision.

4. HighGrass

HighGrass LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Z5 MA

Thanks for the input. I have three echo items (not hedge trimmers) and have been happy...except for some cold start issues on one trimmer...but other than that, it all runs great.

AviatorTOmThanks for the heads up on the fuel line.:clapping:

5. kc2006

kc2006 LawnSite Silver Member

I have them also, only used them a few times. I wanted a light weight unit, and the only thing I found compairable was shind's homeowner model, but it seemed cheap. They've been good for me, they vibrate alot more then the redmax or shind unit though, which using them for hours at a time will wear you out more.

Other then that, I think they're great, I paid around 250 or 260 for them only, so they're good priced too.

6. justanotherlawnguy

justanotherlawnguy LawnSite Bronze Member

I have the 150 and they plow through pretty much anything. I love them, they are a serious money maker.

I also have a Shindiawa AH-230 for the tall stuff. It is awesome too.

ON the small stuff, the 150 is a very nice hedge trimmer.

7. lqmustang

lqmustang LawnSite Senior Member

I have the HC-150 and the HCA-260. Both excellent machines. Would recommend both depending on your needs.

8. Trinity Lawn Care  LLC

Trinity Lawn Care LLC LawnSite Senior Member
    from NJ

We have 2 of the 150's and love'm. They work great. Lightweight as someone else stated. Not ideal for every job, but can do a lot with them.

9. dKoester

dKoester LawnSite Gold Member

They run great!

10. DSLND

DSLND LawnSite Bronze Member

My vote goes to my new STIHL HS45. Its a great machine and has plenty of power. I have neaver tried ECHO but i hear there great machines. Good Luck! -Mitch-