echo hip or tube mount throttle???

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by gary6768, Dec 28, 2006.

1. gary6768

gary6768 LawnSite Member

I'm buying a blower... Which is more durable hip or tube mount throttle??? Just seems like the throttle cable on a tube mount can get messed up but be easier to use... I'm looking for durabilty here... Suggestions????

2. Uranus

Uranus LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Mass

I perfer hip.

3. nobagger

nobagger LawnSite Gold Member
    from Pa

We use Echo 651PB's with hip mounted throttles and we haven't had any problems with them in a few years.

4. metro36

metro36 LawnSite Silver Member

I have hip on my PB- 755 and it is great. Hip is more durable than tube. Most guys go for tube so they have a free hand but with the hip you just set the throttle were you want it and you can take you hand off it to move something.

5. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

All my echo blowers with throttle on the tube always seems to have wires to the on/off broke.......on the hip seems to be better but the flexible tubes break.

6. Lugnut

Lugnut LawnSite Senior Member

If you go for the hip mount just make sure it is folded up when not in use and you shouldn't have any trouble with it. Personally I've never seen problems with either, even tube mounts on golf course's blowers which bounce around in the back of carts all the time

7. Lynden-Jeff

Lynden-Jeff LawnSite Bronze Member

All tube and I would never go any other way.

8. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping LawnSite Gold Member

when i was first going to get a BP blower, i thought ide want the tube throttle but a lot of people around my area told me that they liked hip mount A LOT better. I'm VERY glad i listened to them because it is so much nicer than the tube mount. Just like the above poster said though, make sure the arm is folded up when you are taking it off.

9. Shawns Lawns

Shawns Lawns LawnSite Senior Member
    from Maine

I have 2 echo's both with tube mount and like them alot. I have not tried hip mount throttle so i don't have a basis for comparison. I really don't see where one would be WAY better than another, i think it would just be user preference. :waving: :waving:

10. lawnpro724

lawnpro724 LawnSite Silver Member

I have both and have never had a problem with either. I would suggest going with Tube throttle with less power 350cfm and hip on blower with 600cfm or more will be easier on you arm.