1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Echo Lawn Mower.

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by trimminaway, Nov 17, 2013.

1. trimminaway

trimminaway LawnSite Member

I was looking on Cl tongiht and came across an echo lawn mower. The mower is a 2 cycle 140cc engine and has a different format as compared to other lawnmower. The guy wants 200bucks. I never knew that echo makes lawn mowers and wanted to know what you guys think.

echo 1.jpg

2. jsslawncare

jsslawncare LawnSite Bronze Member

I don't think the wheels would hold up, but I could be wrong.
  3. recycledsole

recycledsole LawnSite Gold Member
    from MD

there are some nice toro / Honda mowers for sale at home depot right now. I think theyre reconditioned. saw a $400-$500 mower for $280 yesterday. Just keep in mind these are all residential units.
  4. baileylawnservice

baileylawnservice LawnSite Senior Member

I remember seeing that in a brochure a long time ago
  5. jkilov

jkilov LawnSite Bronze Member
    from MS

I recall seeing one example locally not long ago.

It's rebadged and was made by some other company. These mowers bore the initials LM- and a number, which I can't recall. Echo only made the engine, called M14V which was apparently pretty good, as were most 2-strokes at the time.

Ask your dealer if he can get parts for the M14V engine. If not, $200 is a waste of money. I would explain the situation to the seller, offer him $100-$125 and keep the machine for mowing slopes where 4-strokes would starve of oil. Other than that it's probably useless.
  6. trimminaway

Yeah, the wheels look pretty shabby, I doubt that they will last long in the back of a pickup
  7. trimminaway

I was thinking about using the mower for slopes. I have a lot of farm/ranch jobs where a z turn cant go and where a string trimmer would take all day. I have a commercial 21 but want to keep it clean and dont want it to get beat up by farm and ranch jobs. This is my next option as I dont want to spend the money for another commercial 21.