Echo Line......Good Stuff

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by shorty7616, Apr 27, 2004.

1. shorty7616

shorty7616 LawnSite Member

I used the.080 Echo line this weekend......Its some good stuff! I had been using some stuff from Lowes before, but never again!

2. Rather Be Fishing

Rather Be Fishing LawnSite Member
    from Ohio

I've only run into a few inferior string trimmer lines over the years, most certainly Echo is going to make an effort to be better than some offerings. Good to hear, if I'm in a position to try their line I'll do what I always do: Buy a small spool and give it a whirl (pseudo-pun fully intended):D

:blob1:

3. Shady Brook

Shady Brook LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Indiana

I will not buy echo line, it lasts such a short time. I go with Gator line with solid core, or with Oregon Trillium Star line. Both last much longer then Echo in my experience.

Jay

4. TJLC

TJLC LawnSite Bronze Member

This has been my experience also. I find that a cheap round line lasts me longer than the Echo line ever did.

5. Del9175

Del9175 LawnSite Senior Member

I won't use echo line anymore. It would jam and get tangled in the trimmer head. I was constantly having to respool it.

6. Leisure Lawn

Leisure Lawn LawnSite Member

The Echo Crossfire line is the best that I have evert used.

Switched several years ago and will never go back..

Great trimmers and great line!

7. naturescape

naturescape LawnSite Bronze Member

I love the Echo Crossfire line. I use .8 on my regular trimmer, and .95 on my trimmer with an Edgit.

8. promower

promower LawnSite Bronze Member

Iuse the .95 echo myself, and had good results. I'm always trying different lines but never heard of gator line, I will have to give it a try.

9. metro-hp_48

metro-hp_48 LawnSite Senior Member
    from TN

Have been using Echo Crossfire for many years. Never had a problem with it. Last a long time. (keep mine in the refridgerator, ............submersed in water)

10. g overbey

g overbey LawnSite Member

I am very pleased with Echo Crossfire 095. I have tried many different lines and I really like the clean cut of Crossfire. I have never had a problem with the line welding on the spool.